Metallica - Some Kind Of Monster...

Joe Shmoe

To be released in North America on January 25th, 2005, this 2-DVD set is jam packed with 7 hours of bonus features! They include:

40 Additional Scenes

Exclusive Intimate Interviews with Metallica about the film

Highlights from Festivals and Premieres

2 Audio Commentaries by the Band and Directors

2 Trailers and a Music Video

North America (region 1 DVD's) set to be released on January 25th, 2005. Most other regions to be released shortly after the North American release. More info as we receive it. Stay tuned!

SKOM_dvd_2.jpg

Full Screen Format

Dolby Digital

English 5.1 Surround

English 2.0 Stereo

Metallica Commentary featuring James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo

Filmmaker Commentary featuring Joe Berlinger & Bruce Sinofsky

Theatrical Trailer

Concert Trailer

Feature Run Time 2 Hrs., 20 Min.

Color/B&W: Color

Rating: US - Not Rated

CAN - 14A

BONUS FEATURES on Disc Two

28 Additional Scenes:

Photo Shoot with Kirk

Lars with his Newborn Son

Metallica, Swizz Beatz & Ja Rule

Lars and Kirk Webchat

Management Discusses Metallica's Future

Should the Filming Continue?

James Talks about Growing Up

Surprise Gig at Kimo's

Metallica Honors Aerosmith at MTV's Icon

Take the Metal heads Bowling

Bass Lines for "My World"

More Work on "My World"

Kirk's Birthday

Tough Riff

"All Within My Hands" Vocals

Castor Doesn't Want Headphones

Bob is Bitter

Lars Stews in his Anger

Lars and James Have Made Progress

Kirk Goes to Traffic School

James' New Artwork

Album Packaging

Hammering It Out

Sounds Good

Rob Goes Snowboarding

Kirk's Father-in-Law Plays with Rob

A Lot of Work to Be Done

"Frantic" at the Fillmore

Festivals & Premieres

Sundance Q&A

Sundance Press Conference

San Francisco International Film Festival

New York Premiere

Metallica Club Screening

Additional Scenes II: This Monster Lives

Predictions about the album

Being Original

Lars and Dave Mustaine, alternate cut

*"F$%@! Meeting" extension

Raiders tailgate show

Raiders Fallout

The New Face of Metal?

Touring Confusion

Dee Dee's Legacy

Talking about bass players with Pepper

Rob's First Interview

Lars visits his childhood home

The Oslo Interviews

Music Video

Filmmaker Bios: Joe Berlinger & Bruce Sinofsky

Official Press Release:

METALLICA: SOME KIND OF MONSTER, the highly acclaimed portrait of the epic band, is heading to DVD on January 25, from Paramount Home Entertainment. This 2-disc set offers an all-access pass to the tumultuous inner world of Metallica and includes over seven hours of special features, such as 40 "unreleased" scenes, two audio commentaries (by the band and by the filmmakers), highlights from film festivals and premieres (Sundance press conference with the band and Q & A with the filmmakers, Metallica's hometown premiere at the San Francisco Film Festival, New York premiere), intimate interviews with Metallica about the film, a music video and trailers.

Paramount Home Entertainment is supporting the DVD release of METALLICA: SOME KIND OF MONSTER with consumer advertising on MTV, VH1, E! Comedy Central, Spike, CBS and UPN, as well as print ads in Rolling Stone, Blender, Alternative Press Magazine and Metal Edge.

The film that The New York Times describes as "Entertaining, moving and historically significant" is an intensely intimate look at one of the biggest rock bands of all time. METALLICA: SOME KIND OF MONSTER takes you inside the studio and into the psyches of Metallica, as they record their Grammy-winning album St. Anger. Over the course of two and a half years, the band - James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo - battle their way through communication breakdowns, addictions, a band member's defection, fatherhood, domestic chaos and near-total disintegration during the most turbulent period of their 20-year history.

"Trying to whittle down over 1600 hours of footage into a feature-length movie was an often heartbreaking task," said filmmakers Joe Berlinger & Bruce Sinofsky. "We are thrilled that as part of the extensive special features on this 2-disc set, we were able to resurrect some of our favorite scenes that were so difficult to leave on the cutting room floor."

The DVD set of METALLICA: SOME KIND OF MONSTER is presented in full screen format (its original theatrical aspect ration of 4:3), it features Dolby Digital English 5.1 and Dolby English 2.0, English and Spanish sub-titles and it is closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired.

METALLICA: SOME KIND OF MONSTER is priced around $20 in the U.S. and C$36.99 (S.R.P.) in Canada. The set is Not Rated in the U.S. by the Motion Picture Association of America and is rated 14A in Canada. It has a running time of approximately 140 minutes and is encoded with the Macrovision Anti-Copy process.

Just got the metallica preorder form. Yeah I am gonna get it, but I will probally get it at the store so I don't have to pay shipping. I can't wait this one should be real interesting. I loved a year an a half in the life of. This is much more personal and I bet the sound is KILLER!!

Metallica usually does it up right, so I look forward to this coming out. I have seen quite a few clips of the film, when they were on Jane Pauley & it definitely is more personal. My only wish is that there was a happier ending where Jason comes back into the band :)

Wow, very cool DVD. I would defintitely recommend this movie, if you are any kind of a music fan.

As the DVD states "This is not a concert film, This is not behind the music.... this is something else".

There are tons of cool clips on this DVD. Most of it revolves around the recording of their latest CD "St. Anger". You can check out vintage stuff with Cliff Burton jamming away on the bass & relive the terrible accident that claimed his life. Also get Jason Newsteads perspective on the band. In Jason's words the idea to meet with a Psychotherapist was .... lame (not the exact language there)He states Metallica is the biggest heavy metal band of all time, who made million & millions, been through everything & we can't get over this? The there's the meeting with Dave Mustaine. I swear I thought this guy was going to cry talking about the band kicking him out in 1983. He states it has been a dreadful experience & people hate him because of Metallica and he says he is constantly taunted over it. Lars his "little Danish friend" admits to feeling guilty, but there isn't closure because James wasn't there.

This DVD shows you the personal side of the band. I guess I didn't expect watching a movie about a heavy metal band to see James & Lars hanging around with their kids? It's not a bad thing, but threw me off for a bit there.

All in all I would say this is a great film.

Good to hear you liked it. I was hoping it would be like you said. I am sure it's done well those producers/directors or whatever are killer on the documentarys. They did the one on the memphis three, and that was the first metallica let anyone use their music for a movie. Which was a documentary.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am biased, but I will say that this was a good movie. The cool thing for me was looking at all of there equipment. Im a guitar junkie and some of this stuff made me drool. They have the best amps in the world. Mesa(i have one), Marshalls, Peavy 5150, Solondos, Fender, Vox, Deizel and a bunch of other ones. Well enough about equipment. Overall the movie was great if your a fan, and good if your in to documetories(spelling).