tough decision.. new preamp or send back?

FooF

well my rear speakers started making a buzzing noise. it never goes away and its louder than the ambient hiss that is normally present when the volume knob is turned way up. it only occurs when the preamp is plugged into the sub (even if its not connected to the computer at all). its not interference because i put the subwoofer in a room by itself away from anything else. plugging the preamp in still caused the rear speakers to buzz. i talked with klipsch support and they want me to send my SUBWOOFER AND PREAMP to them... the problem is i think its going to be like $40 or more just to ship that humungous subwoofer, even if i knew how the heck i could package the thing in the first place... would i be better off assuming the preamp is shot and just get a new cp-1 ? i doubt the cost would be any higher, and i would get an upgrade this way... is there any chance the amps are shot and not the preamp? anyone else who has buzzing from rear speakers have their problem resolved ?? let me know... i hate to ship the subwoofer and preamp to discover the problem was with the preamp Frown.gif

well, if you are under warranty, as i am sure you are, you will probably just have to send in teh pre amp, that is what amy told me when i asked heer two weeks ago.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy.

Email Amy

IM Amy

Or pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

-------------------------

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

here is aquote from amy:

quote:

Hi Justin!

Just send us the preamp, and we'll go from there. Sounds like the problem

will be limited to that part. Be sure to unplug everything (including from

the soundcard) and reseat all connections and try again before packing the

pod away. If still no luck, send to:

Klipsch Warranty

137 County Rd #278

Hope, AR 71801

Please include a letter with your name, address, phone #, description of the

problem, and a copy of your receipt or your order confirmation number.

Thank you,

Amy Platt

ProMedia Technical Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

------------------

-justin

Email Amy

IM Amy

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

quote:

Originally posted by DBvader:

really?? how odd...she just alwas sent me a new one when mine got crackely (this was 3 times btw)

so you have 3 crackly preamps you dont use ?

hehe. mine has been hissing when i turn the volume knob for a long time :P i could handle that just not the buzzing.

well mine just needed to be left alone for a few days. now they are once again flawless!

------------------

-justin

Email Amy

IM Amy

well, maybe your problem was like mine... but you might want to play it safe and send it off. i do not have to worry about my speakers breaking like that cause i will trade them in in 7 days for the 5.1's.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!