Amp for Heresy Type Hi SM SN: 8501378 and Mate

djutopia

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 2/3/2005 8:53:15 PM djutopia wrote:

WOW, Thanks for all the help!

In case anyone cares I got a Yamaha Professional Series Power Amp Model P2100.

----------------

Hi there, welcome to the forum. The thing is, I think, this forum consists of mainly 'audiophiles' spinning expensive records on turntables that would break to pieces if you'd try to dj with them (let alone scratch). 2.gif . To do a thing like that with an old blue note is ofcourse sacriledge and must be penalised with a life long sentence listening to James Last.14.gif

Ehh, on the other hand, there must be a few dj's around here. Don't go tube and wear earplugs!16.gif

Maybe helping this thread to the top helps you. Tim.

----------------

On 2/3/2005 8:53:15 PM djutopia wrote:

WOW, Thanks for all the help!

In case anyone cares I got a Yamaha Professional Series Power Amp Model P2100.

----------------

O, you already got one (I even quoted it). Goodmorning, time for another cup of coffee.5.gif Good luck dj-ing!1.gif Tim.

----------------

On 1/14/2005 10:59:33 PM djutopia wrote:

I want to make sure I get the right thing, and am looking to use it for DJ-ing House music in small - medium settings.

Thanks in Advance.

----------------

hello

any quality amplifier thats clean will work well the heresys will fill the room nicely with a fifty watter which is what i use in one of my set ups everthing else is gravy theyre very very efficient volume wont be a problem

joe

• 5 years later...

Man, I sound like an *** here. I don't think that was my intention 5 years ago (jesus, 5 years?)

I am trying to decide whether or not to sell my speakers. They are a little too bulky to work for me for the aforementioned djing. I'd like to maybe set them up at home, but I'm not sure what to use or how to set them up.

Heresy Industrial Slant Monitors? Not exactly any bass for DJ work and not very great for home unless you want to put them on a shelf in the workshop or garage. There is basically no bass below probably 80 Hz in these. Ok for stage monitors in the olden days but not much by today's standards. Still there would those here interested in them depending on finish and condition.

Michael

I'll take some pictures and post them. They've been loved for sure. I haven't had a good critical look and listen of them for awhile so I'll do that too. That way I can post some sound details.

You are correct though, not a lot of bass, but a lot of volume! :)