Free Ipods

T_Shomaker

Hey Guys,

I found this website that will give you a free ipod if you complete an offer. To get the free ipod you must complete the offer and get five other people to also complete the offer. I was really skeptical at first so i wanted to get a little info on the company first to see if this is a scam.

Here is the site that says that it isn't a scam:

http://www.randomdrivel.com/displayarticle4323.html

Some of the offers that you must complete are actually pretty good. The one im going to do is the blockbuster online movie program. You have to sign up for a month of it which costs ten dollars. The reason I am posting this here is that I now need five other people to sign up for it so I can get my free ipod. Once they complete the offer and get five other people to sign up they also get a free ipod. I thought that some of you guys would be very interested in getting a free ipod so you could carry around all of your music 9.gif

So if anybody is interested here is the site to sign up:

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14007831

Also, what has been going on around here lately? I haven't been on here for quite a while because I'm kinda trying to stay away from spending any money right now lol.11.gif

Thanks,

Taylor

TShomaker@gmail.com10.gif

I seem to recall hearing about a guy that lives near me finding a ~$300 charge on his credit card bill from a company he had never heard of. At the same time, a guy in another state near me discovered that the bill for the free ipod he received from one of these things had someone other than his name on it... and their credit information. He called the guy, they collaborated, and figured out that the company somehow got one guys card number and used it for someone else's purchase, thus giving away seemingly free ipods when really it was a scam. The guy who received the ipod was disgusted at this and sent the ipod back. I am not sure if the other guy got his money back or not... I forget where I heard this story (think it was from my mom), but I am fairly certain it is true.

Prior to Chritmas a major network news show did a story on a promotional company offering what sounds to be the same deal and asking precisely the same questiuon you wisely are! I can't recall the company's name, but they do targeted marketing for firms...And the deal was basically that you had to sign up 5 other people who also completed the transaction, and when they did, you received an iPod. The news casters even did it independently and anonymously(as private individuals) and they too received an iPod and even showed it on air as the one they received.

While I can't vouch for this particular company or if it is the same one, there is at least one legitimate company offering this legitimate deal!

You might want to check with the BBB in the city where they are headquartered and ask them for references.

But this is one time (assuming the company IS the same one featured in the investigation!) that the claim is legitimate.

But PLEASE do your due diligence and check them out!

i think its a scam. but im not sure.

my friend did this and got his ipod with no problems. then he turned around and sold it on ebay for $325. the buyer even payed shipping. what a idiot. seriously you can buy a new one direct from apple shipped for $300. why the heck would you buy a NIB from ebay. i guess my friend made a profit off some idiot's(ebay buyer's) money.

now as to who got charged for the ipod im not sure. maybe the company themsleves payed for it. my friend never heard the company charging other peoples credit cards. ill tell him about it

he(my friend) tried to tell me to do it. im glad i didnt. to risky imo

scp53

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

This has been covered time after time. There are some scam "free ipod" sites, and then there are the valid ones. Freeipods.com is a legit site, which will send you an ipod if you follow the procedures and sign up for the trial services, or whatever they are requiring at that time, and get so many other people to do it as well.

From the article:

"Instead, they explained, Gratis Internet is paid a bounty for sending potential customers to sites like AOL, eBay or RealNetworks.

"We're a marketing firm," said Jewell. "We're sending these people to our advertisers. We cringe when we hear 'pyramid' or 'scheme.'"

Generally too good to be true probably is, but in this case, if you are willing to put in the time of following through with the offer requirements, and recruit other people to follow through, you get an ipod.

Klipsch site still isn't a valid place to spam for links to try and get free stuff.

http://www.freewebs.com/cmdrbond/

http://people.bu.edu/jbrock/ipod_analysis.htm

These are a couple more sites that tell you about how they work.

I need four more people so I can complete mine. I have a gmail account and I will invite anybody who signs up and completes the ipod deal to a gmail account. For those of you who are unaware of what gmail is it is an email service that gives you a gig of space for email. This is a free email service but the only way you can get it is by being invited. I thought this deal had a lot to do with the klipsch forum because it is a way to get a FREE ipod so you can have more fun with your MUSIC.

Thanks,

Taylor

TShomaker@gmail.com

Oh...Since those other links say it's not a scam it must not be. And somebody's "friend" got one so it must be legit.

At best you are going to fill your computer with spyware, and your inbox with junk mail. At worst you are going to get bilked out of some money. Sounds like a lose/lose situation to me.

And what happens when, as I'm sure is usually the case, you can only get four other suckers *ahem*, I mean friends to sign up? You're still stuck with all the crap emails and spyware, and no ipod.

I should hope no "friend" of mine would wish to inflict this upon me.

Go find some suckers somewhere else, like someone you actually know, instead of some random people on an online bulletin board.

Now, I do have a legitimate money making opportunity. I can email you a list of Seven people, All you do is cross out the first name on the list and add yours, send $5.00 to each person on the list with a copy of the letter. Before you know it you will have $640,000!!! It Really Works!!! My friend did it and he's filthy rich now.

wow you guys are harsh and if you didn't read the terms and condition then you are way out of line.

There is one downside to the system...they give your email to 3rd party advertisers. However, it is very easy to create a dummy email account solely for the purpose of this scheme and then you'll never have to worry about spam. In fact, I tend to ignore people that complain about spam considering how many free email services are out there.

To be honest, it sounds like a really cool system to me.

Btw, why the negative connotation with "pyramid scheme"? Are they illegal or something? This is an honest question so lets keep that in mind.

Pyramid schemes are illegal in the US. The Free Ipod scheme, is not currently considered a Pyramid Scheme, and is not illegal. Here is a link of information about pyramid schemes.

http://www.mlmstartup.com/articles/b24ho.htm

Ofcourse, looking at the free Ipod scheme logically, someone is going to take it in the shorts. If each person needs 5 other people to sign up...The growth is so rapid, that most users will get stuck in the position where it is impossible to find 5 users who haven't already participated (even if everyone in the whole world would try and work together to participate in this scheme).

The people who got in early got there ipods, the longer it goes, the harder and harder it will be to find new people, until it is impossible.