What about the Jolida 302A???

BillH2121

Colin - this is an amp that is nearby that I can actually listen to prior to purchase. As I've mentioned in some other posts, I am having great difficulty finding tube amps to demo here in the Oklahoma City area. I am reluctant to give up my Mac 2125/C-26 combo without at least the opportunity to hear a particular tube amp. I certainly haven't settled on the Jolida - I'm just getting some views on the amp. Also, with an integrated amp at a low price like the Jolida, I can probably keep my Mac gear.

Bill,

Nothing wrong with wanting to audition before you buy. One word of caution though....... If you can't take it home and audition it on your speakers or speakers with similar character then the audition is pretty much useless Klispch Speakers are very different then most others.

Craig

There's no risk in buying something from NOSValaves either. He's as standup a guy as you'll find and his work is second to none. Check out his website. There may be something there that's a good first amp for you also.

The Scott 299b he rebuilt for me almost 2 years ago is still going strong and sounds amazing. It was my first tube amp and I'll never part with it.

I've never heard the Jolida so I can't comment on that. Good luck with whatever you decide to get. Once you discover tubes matched with horns, there's no going back.1.gif