Ok, rw8, or rw10

tommyboy

I've decided on one of these two subs. I haven't had time to go listen to them (always working), but I'm going to make time this weekend. Now, I've been researching the two subs, and the rw8 keeps coming out with better ratings. And it's about $160 cheaper. Anyone own either of these, or have any suggestions?? Is the 8 enough to fill my 18*16 room??

----------------

On 1/19/2005 7:43:05 PM tommyboy wrote:

I've decided on one of these two subs. I haven't had time to go listen to them (always working), but I'm going to make time this weekend. Now, I've been researching the two subs, and the rw8 keeps coming out with better ratings. And it's about $160 cheaper. Anyone own either of these, or have any suggestions?? Is the 8 enough to fill my 18*16 room??

----------------

Neither will fill that room with much. I would recommend the RSW-12 minimum.

If you're not dead set on the Klipsh and budget is a factor, I'd go with the SVS pb10-isd for just over $400. A couple other brands will give you similar performance for a similar price as previously mentioned.

But if you haven't listened to any of them (as you stated) then you'll never know how much you'll really need before you make your decision. Stop by your local Klipsch retailer and give a listen.

Greetings:

While at your dealer, see if there are any 12" available. Demo or used with a week return policy.

At louder levels an 8" or a 10" may give you unwanted distortion.

If pressed, see if you can try the 10". I had a Traynor Bass Amp that ran with eight ten inch speakers. It had good power and in that case ten inch speakers worked out.

Good Luck

dodger

tommyboy

Don't let others fully guide you until you check things out for yourself.

I bought the RW-8 (returned it back for silver version) eyes closed without hearing it...and my room is not that small and boy it shakes that you hear it from the farthest place which is the kitchen. The RW-8...not that small...will rock a small/medium living/room. :)

This saturday I will be getting the Silver RW-8. Can't wait!

-antonio

----------------

On 1/20/2005 10:08:18 PM Enigma wrote:

tommyboy

you hear it from the farthest place which is the kitchen.

-antonio

----------------

Actually, that's the problem with low frequency waves. Depending on your room characteristics, one of the places you'll hear it is furthest away (due to the length of these waves and the way they travel and reflect unimpeded compared to the higher frequency sorts). That's not a good measure of response. Honestly, the spot with one of the greatest responses in my house is the second bathroom down the main hallway. Sure, it'll blurr my vision in the living room, but it's great on the hopper, too. 9.gif

----------------

On 1/21/2005 9:17:15 AM CAS wrote:

----------------

On 1/20/2005 10:08:18 PM Enigma wrote:

tommyboy

you hear it from the farthest place which is the kitchen.

-antonio

----------------

Actually, that's the problem with low frequency waves. Depending on your room characteristics, one of the places you'll hear it is furthest away (due to the length of these waves and the way they travel and reflect unimpeded compared to the higher frequency sorts). That's not a good measure of response. Honestly, the spot with one of the greatest responses in my house is the second bathroom down the main hallway. Sure, it'll blurr my vision in the living room, but it's great on the hopper, too.
9.gif

----------------

Ahhh, nope not going to touch that one.9.gif

dodger