Best HT reciever for music?

ottscay

Sorry bout your bad experience with your HK7200 Fish(I read your threads a while back whilst looking for my new receiver) but I took the risk and now have nothing but great things to say about mine for music and HT so that's my recommendation..... I'll bet you can pick one up in the $700 range now(maybe even cheaper).

I'm starting to feel pretty good about the Marantz SR7500...Can I assume it's at least as good at music as the SR7400? I assume the THX certification hasn't hurt it any, although it's not that important o me (the extra power per channel is nice).

Thanks!

Scott

WHAT ARE YOU USING FOR SPEAKER CABLE THAT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE?I USE MONSTER CABLE Z1 ON ALL 6 SPEAKERS AND Z SERIES IS TIME CORRECTED SO KLIPSCH DO NOT SOUND HARSH AS SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK.AS FOR A RECEIVER I USE YAMAHA AND KLIPSH SOUNDS AWESOME BUT PIONEER ELITE IS A VERY GOOD COMBO

YAMAHA RXV3300

5 RF7 SPEAKER (FRONT,REAR,AND REAR CENTER

1 RC7 SPEAKER (CENTER)

MONSTER CABLE Z SERIES SPEAKER CABLE

MONSTER CABLE THX OPTICAL,VIDEO,AND AUDIO CABLES

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2005 12:17:27 AM RF7RULE wrote:

WHAT ARE YOU USING FOR SPEAKER CABLE THAT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE?I USE MONSTER CABLE Z1 ON ALL 6 SPEAKERS AND Z SERIES IS TIME CORRECTED SO KLIPSCH DO NOT SOUND HARSH AS SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK.AS FOR A RECEIVER I USE YAMAHA AND KLIPSH SOUNDS AWESOME BUT PIONEER ELITE IS A VERY GOOD COMBO

YAMAHA RXV3300

5 RF7 SPEAKER (FRONT,REAR,AND REAR CENTER

1 RC7 SPEAKER (CENTER)

MONSTER CABLE Z SERIES SPEAKER CABLE

MONSTER CABLE THX OPTICAL,VIDEO,AND AUDIO CABLES

----------------

alright alright we get it, spare me the cap locks!!! j/k

I'm using Monster Z1 cables on the mains and center channel. I'll update the sats when I move, but they don't play a huge role in listening to music anyways. I'm not using Monster for the optical or hdmi connection, because they are digital and are not as suceptible to quality control issues (the beauty of digital is that if a byte gets through, it sounds just as good, even if it was weaker because of interference).

So, it seems to be between the Marantz SR7500 and the Rotel RSX 1056. The 1056 is a bit more expensive (street for the 7500 is like $900 with shipping), and I like the options and remote on the 7500, but I'm still hearing good things about Rotel sound. This is frustrating; I wish I lived in a real city where I could go demo them with similar speakers to my own...!

Thanks for all the help, and if anyone has any more feelings on the 7500 vs. the 1056, let fly.

Scott

I think that I'm in a similar boat your in. I've been considering a NAD773, Marantz 7500, or Rotel 1056. Unfortunately the dealer that sells my Klipsch speakers carries only Rotel, and the one that carries NAD is about 2hr drive and I've only been there once. Not sure how they will feel about me taking a marantz and Nad for a test drive espically since I don't go there often and probably would only be buying the one piece from them.

The Rotel 1056 has no headphone plug. It is a pretty nice machine, but, If I were going to spend that much money on a receiver, why should I have to spend extra for an adapter for the receiver just so I could use headphones with it. I almost bought the 1056 myself until I checked out the SR7500 which has as good a sound as the Rotel 1056 plus it has a headphone plug and the sound through the headphones is awesome.

• 1 month later...