Is it normal?

Jennifer1

Jennifer:

No I do not; this is what I was referring to when I talked about the volume. At -15dB, it starts to get pretty loud. I probably set mine at about - -20dB, where it is "more tolerable". You can of course set it to -15 if you can "stand" it - I'm just old 3.gif. The results are still satisfactory for me.

Popbumper

I may be too late but before you get too far into spending extra cashola maybe you should try this.

I prefer simple things over complicated things (IF they actually work....then I can go back and repeat the process without much fuss)

Run your EZset one more time and then....

Find you a DVD that has lots of good 5.1 effects (Star Wars Pod race is one of my favorites and has good dialog before and after it).

Once you've got your DVD qued up to the pod race(or wherever)let 'er go and listen to everything while sitting in the optimal sitting position in the room. Then...manually go and change your dB settings one at a time and see what your ears hear throughout the scenes.

It will take a while and if you have anyone with you, you'll drive them nuts going over the same 'ole scenes but just take your time and learn your system.

After playing with that for a while, if you still can't quite get what you want, then go pick up the SPL meter and try it that way.

I'm not saying the SPL meter doesn't work.....'cause I'm sure it does but get a feel for how your system works and how numeric changes with the buttons make you hear differnt things.

My two cents('cause that's what worked for me and my HK)

Can someone can explain to me what's the output level..? I'm asking question how to set my speakers, but don't even know what I'm talking about...

the default of all speakers on my receiver is 0db...what happens when you add some db on each,..is it like when you turn the bass and treble on the receiver, you trick it some way?