"Klipsch RF-7 Floor speakers N.I.B. w/ warranty"

how can he offer the warranty?????

----------------

either he will:

Give a phony receipt

or

He will tell you to send the speakers to him

or

he will get a receipt with no name and tell you to register them under your name

send him a question as to what the serial numbers are, send them to amy.unger@klipsch.com

dodger

The guy may mean you'd find a warranty card in the package or such, but you wouldn't have warranty coverage. Like Win said, the seller might be saying that he will honor a warranty, as non authorized sellers sometimes claim. Whatever the seller claims about "new" in the description he also lists the item condition as "used". My take on this one: you'd be best served by staying away. You've got too much at stake with a high dollar item like RF-7's to buy from an Ebay seller like this.

yep, this one sounds strange. the description of the auction contradicts itself and something has to be said about slaughtering the english language in an aution.

imo, you flirt with danger when you buy from auctions that say things like "This are brand new in the box with full manufacturer warrinty"

hmmmmm

----------------

On 1/26/2005 9:10:56 AM tankhokie wrote:

yep, this one sounds strange. the description of the auction contradicts itself and something has to be said about slaughtering the english language in an aution.

imo, you flirt with danger when you buy from auctions that say things like "This are brand new in the box with full manufacturer warrinty"

hmmmmm

----------------

You noticed that also?

When you bid, a lot of times when it is a pair, 2 will be stated - this states 1.

Maybe Amy can explain this.

Win

----------------

On 1/26/2005 10:05:17 AM Amy Unger wrote:

We do not authorize or warranty anything sold on eBay. I'll have our "internet police" check this out.

Thanks!

----------------

Thanks Amy:

Glad you check the Forum out.

Also would not want someone to get negative feelings toward Klipsch.

dodger

I was just looking at what Klipsch items where on ebay last night and thought that one was really shady.

When I get the money to buy my RF-7's believe me it will not be from someone on ebay. They will be purchased from a local store in my area. I have been burned on buying stuff on ebay and I tend to shy away from there.