What should I do?

Aknar

I got a set of Promedia's for Christmas and was amazed with the crisp sound and low bass. A week after setting them up I started to hear a faint crackle coming from the rear-right speaker. It wasn't constant so it didn't bother me, but after a while it would become quite annoying when watching DVD's on the computer. It seems that the crackling only occurs at certain frequencies. I flipped the wires around, and tried flipping speakers, changing mixer settings, vacuumed, played with the pre-amp nobs, everything!!! The crackle keeps coming back, and always from the rear-right output on the sub. Should I send them back, and if I need to, do I upgrade to the new sub? Any comment will be a great help to me. Thank you all!

A couple of things:

If you reverse your green and purple plugs, does the crackle now come from the right front? If so, that narrows it down to the sound card or the pre-amp (i.e., sub not affected).

Once you have tried this, contact Amy in Tech Support and she'll help from there.

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

Thanks for the tips. I have a Soundblaster Live X-Gamer and the purple and green plugs are plugged into the Line Out, and Rear Out. I tried switching the purple and green plugs and the sound is still crackling from the rear-right output. I'm gonna post my topic in the customer service setion. Thanks again!

i have the same problem and i think it is the preamp. i've since ordered a replacement and am awaiting delivery. i think it is a problem with the knobs and resonance frequency and it is vibrating it or something to that extent because it only happens when the volumes is louder. just my two cents