Remember these??

Mighty Favog

Electric Football (that's the one with the vibrating field). That was perhaps the greatest game ever produced. We played that non-stop during the winter. We even had a league in our neighborhood when I was about 9 or 10. Loved that game!

I think I had six of the Mattell games. Their baseball game was pretty lame (Coleco, I think, had the best one) but Football II was just about as addictive as it got. I had that, Football I, Soccer, Hockey, Basketball, Baseball.

----------------

On 1/28/2005 8:30:29 PM Marvel wrote:

I DO remember the vibrating football field where al the players had those little plastic strips on the bottom and would move around the field when you turned it on.

Marvel----------------

----------------

On 1/28/2005 11:38:03 PM skonopa wrote:

Yeah! Those modern hand-helds, such as the new Nintendo DS, are far more powerful than the friggan
full-sized arcade games
we played at the arcade in the mall! Hell, I'd be willing to bet that thing has more horsepower than my old 486-based PC!

And I remember how many study halls we killed in junior high school playing those "Pac-Man" watches.

----------------

Yeah, but nothing still beats the old MAME systems... I have quite a collection that I use my xbox emulators to play quite often. Now if they could only get Raiden 2 to work. 15.gif

Talk about a memory spike - I had both of those and the Colico one as well. As soon as I saw the photo I could vividly remember the sounds - scoring, turn-over on downs (when my buddy was playing of course)...

Vibrating football - went through a few of those as well. You guys are getting me teary-eyed with memories!

----------------

On 2/1/2005 11:55:59 AM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

Yeah, but nothing still beats the old MAME systems... I have quite a collection that I use my xbox emulators to play quite often. Now if they could only get Raiden 2 to work.
15.gif

----------------

I've not recently tried any of the newer versions of MAME (my ROM set is complete as of Version 0.83 or something such - not had much time to play with it recently). I'd like Raiden 2 to work myself. I remember dumping a few quarters into that one when they had it at the local bowling alley.

I use my PC with a HotRod SE controller to play MAME games. I also have a spinner control for games such as Tempest. I would like to get a good track-ball setup, though. Maybe I'll sell my HotRod SE controller and get one of these instead (probably the "classic" version).