Retailed Box? Brown Box? What is the difference?

delimiter

I am gonna purchase a set of Promedia 4.1. However, I find that there are two different boxes for the speakers. One of them is the color box (retailed box?) and the other is a brown box.

My question is

Is there any difference between these two boxes? Somebody told me that the speakers in the brown box are of worse quality and are cheap items. May anybody here or Klipsh customer services people clarify this for me. Thank you,

Del

f>

well, i got the brown box, nothing different. Companies like Best Buy will make the majority of their boxes colored, pay more for that, to make them appeal more. But, there is no difference than that.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site !

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

in the case of someone getting a brown box sound card they will often be left out of what most would say is useless software but software none the less. in the case of the Klipsch's, in my case at atleast, there should be NO price difference between the two. Now best buy has them in teh neat color boxes for say $259 and Tweeter has them for $249 in a brown box, tweeter kept teh cost down by not adding a full color box because the people that go to Tweeter stores allready know everything about sound, if not the workers their will teach you anything you want to know. Where ppl that go to Best Buy to buy a speaker system will probably not realize that looks mean nothing, BOSE for example, they look really cool, but for that price you could get something much better.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site !

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

Del, you don't have to worry about anything. I bought mine on eBay for $230 ($250 include shipping) and it's brown box. It works flawless, no heat problem whatsoever. If you are buying it retail, then you have a guarantee privilege, use that. Don't care much about the box, it's the speakers you're listening too, not the carton box. " TARGET=_blank]http://216.37.9.58/ubb/cwmsmilies/cwm1.gif

William K

This is the first day of the rest of your life.

---American Beauty

Delimiter; you may have some wacky font settings which whites out the text (just a guess).

Anyway, there is no difference in products wrapped in brown vs. 4-color box.

As Justin points out, the prettier box works better on the sales floor at BBuy.

-djf

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665