KLF-30 vs RF-7

Mike S

Mike,

Sorry to hear the 30's are sold. Anytime they get away from one of us "forum guys" it's a tragedy...4.gif

I think the subwoofer issue is an anomoly. I have not had any big issues to fuss with Klipsch about, but their tech support people have always been very pleasant, knowledgeable, and willing go the extra mile to help out.

If you can't get a decent discount from the dealers in town, you might want to check out the guys at Ken's Stereo Junction in Macon. Family run business and they are Klipsch authorized. I bought my first set of Klipsch speakers from them 10 years ago. Every dealer in Atlanta laughed when I asked about a discount, but Ken welcomed me and gave me a discount that more than paid for the gas and travel time to pick them up. He just loves to steal business form the "big city"...9.gif Very nice folks to deal with. I have no financial interest or affiliation with Ken's in any way other than as a satisfied customer. I'm probably breaking some kind of forum rule, but here is Ken's info from the Klipsch Website..

KEN'S STEREO JUNCTION

3677 MERCER UNIVERSITY DRIVE

MACON, GA 31204

PHONE: 912-474-2324

Good luck with your search and if there is anything I can do to help, just send me an e-mail.

• 7 years later...

Im just a new guy around here,but I've had around 70 pairs of klipsch speakers. I am currently running my 97 klf-30's.They are "ok",but I would go back to k-horns,cornwalls,or even chorus II's.I'm not powering them with much either,"adcom gfa5500".My favorite setup was my adcom 565 mono blocks,adcom 565 preamp,c-6 cables with chorus II's,results.....AWESOME!!! I wasnt impressed that I had to rebuild the cabinets on my klf30's either.I was 2 channel stereo crazy from the age of 17-26,then sold everything.I just recently bought my 30's back from a friend that wasnt using them,I would like to trade for a mint condition set of chorus II's or cornwall I's or II's.I miss the heritage stuff.

Hi RedTop:

The only reason I am leaning towards the 7's is that I love that "fresh out of the box" smell!! Kidding aside...the 30's have been sold...my loss? I am considering a RF-7/Aragon purchase...but am now hesitant after reading comments over at Audioholichs and at the Klipsch forum " Hometheater thread" regarding the RSW15 subwoofer fiasco. Befor I drop the big bucks...I have to feel comfortable with the customer support group at Klipsch.

What is this RSW15 fiasco that you speak of? I'm unaware.

This thread was about RF-7 v. the KLF-30, not the RSW-15.

The RSW-15 that I've owned since the earliest days of its manufacture has performed flawlessly within its design specs. As far as Klipsch support is concerned, it is one of the main reasons that I buy Klipsch. First, I'm not likely to need it unless I abuse my gear. Second, Klipsch support is some of the best support available for ANY consumer product.

Bill

This thread was about RF-7 v. the KLF-30, not the RSW-15.

The RSW-15 that I've owned since the earliest days of its manufacture has performed flawlessly within its design specs. As far as Klipsch support is concerned, it is one of the main reasons that I buy Klipsch. First, I'm not likely to need it unless I abuse my gear. Second, Klipsch support is some of the best support available for ANY consumer product.

Bill

Thank you for getting us back on track, thread police. Since you clearly didn't like the RSW question I'll leave it alone and aimlessly search for the info that could have been provided. In the mean time I'll weigh in on the RF7 question. I had an opportunity to pick up a beautiful pair of KLf-30's locally very recently, I didn't. I've heard the 30's before, and although I've never done an A/B vs the 7's I would agree with the common assertion that the 7's are more universal, HT/Music wise. As most of my listening is very split HT/Music and I don't do any 2-Channel listening and almost solely "Direct" 9 channel listening, it was a no brainer to stick with the 7 line. To each his own and perhaps the 30's would be ideal in 2-channel but not for me. So, about that RSW15.....

What can be said about the rsw15, 10 years, no trouble, I owned sunfire,svs and several others, all gone, the 15 remains most musical.The 30 and 20's very similar, great speakers all around, the 7's however just have something special, almost perfect.