Locations

Corvzr1

So I used the authorized dealer search on the website to find a reference dealer and found a place that is 45 miles away acording to this web site. Once I mapped this out it was actually more like 80. I called this guy about a month ago to check his hours. So I plan my trip on a saturday (im a very busy person). After driving to some little hole in the wall town I found that the place is GONE! Out of buisness. This really pisses me off. I live in central connecticut and there are no dealers near buy. The damn web site says that there a few in the state but these are all designer installation companies with little or no showroom. So I have to travel out of state to get these. The distances claimed on the dealer locator are all way under. So after all this frustration, I decided to purchase from one of these ebay sites. I know that I have no warranty now but who cares. If Klipsch will continue to have such stubbron rules about selling online or at an actual chain of stores, I will continue to support these online dealers. So what I am saying is Klipsch, WHY DONT YOU AT LEAST SELL DIRECT ONLINE OR GET SOME STORES IN THE HARTFORD AREA.

I agree Klipsch's dealer network needs an overall, maybe some penecillin. Best Buy ain't cutting it and the brick and mortar dealers carry very limited inventory and most of the setups are hap-hazard. I am suprised that they can stay profitable operating this way, and they wonder why people turn to the web and gray market dealers - because it is convenient!!!!!

Just going by a ruler and the scale of miles on a map, but looks to me like Conn is about 100 miles from west border to east. How far is it to the nearest dealer that DOES have what you're looking for in a showroom?

I'm in the middle of northern Minnesota. The nearest Heritage dealer to me is Milwaukee, Wis. Roughly 450 miles one way. I don't like it, but I surely don't think that b!tching to Klipsch is going to cause them to open a dealer closer.

Good luck in your search.

• Moderators

Please read the following statement very carefully. If you still have questions, you may direct them to me, and I will follow up with the appropriate department:

Klipsch home audio products are sold in the United States through a network of authorized dealers selected by Klipsch. This dealer network consists solely of dealers with physical storefronts. Some dealers may have Internet sites on which they also promote Klipsch products. Klipsch dealers have been chosen for their ability to properly represent, demonstrate, sell and, in most cases, service Klipsch products. There are no authorized Klipsch dealers who sell current Klipsch home audio products only from an Internet or auction-type website. Klipsch provides a warranty on products sold only by our authorized dealers.

Unfortunately, Klipsch products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorized to do so. Goods sold by these unauthorized companies are not purchased from Klipsch; instead they are acquired from a host of other sources. Klipsch products sold by unauthorized dealers sometimes are:

(1) Purchased on a secondary "gray" market;

(2) Pirated goods not produced by Klipsch;

(3) Damaged, defective or so-called "B" stock goods; or

(4) Stolen goods

Many times, these products have serial numbers that have been changed or even removed all together by the unauthorized reseller. Any product represented to be built by Klipsch that does not have a serial number issued by Klipsch should be held suspect by the customer. Removal or alteration of the original Klipsch serial number will automatically void the warranty on that product. Unauthorized dealers either knowingly deceive the consumer by telling them the product is covered by the manufacturer's warranty, or they attempt to make repairs themselves. Repairs made by an unauthorized dealer may not meet Klipsch standards due to the use of inappropriate parts or repair by untrained personnel. Some unauthorized resellers remove serial numbers and warranty registration cards or replace our mailing address with their own to avoid detection. For that reason, if your new Klipsch product has no serial number or an obviously altered serial number label, or if there are not matching serial numbers both on the product and on a bar code label on the Klipsch box it was received in, immediately contact whoever you purchased that product from for resolution. Also, if there is no warranty card, or if the mailing address on the card is not either P.O. Box 688, Hope, AR 71802 or 3502 Woodview Trace, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46268 or you are directed to not send in a warranty card to Klipsch, you should immediately contact whoever you purchased that product from for resolution. The best resolution would be shipment back to that seller for a full refund.

Many web sites change names and locations frequently so they cannot be reached to solve customer problems. Other sites simply go out of business. Due to the nature of the goods sold by unauthorized dealers and their business practices, products sold by unauthorized dealers are not entitled to Klipsch warranty coverage. We are using our best efforts (including this warning) to prohibit these companies from taking advantage of consumers, but these practices still exist. We urge you to use diligence when selecting a dealer to make your purchase.

The following method will determine if a dealer in question is authorized to sell current Klipsch home audio products. Click on "Dealer Locator" at the top of this page, choose the type of Klipsch home audio product you are looking for, then enter your zip or postal code (US and Canada) and click "Find". Outside of the US and Canada, choose a country and click "Find". This will give you a list of all authorized dealers you can purchase current Klipsch home audio products from for self-installation. Most Klipsch authorized contractors and home theater installation companies can also be found under the "Architectural Audio" product series. For any other questions, please call 1-800-KLIPSCH to speak with a customer service representative.

• Moderators

I also agree that our dealer locater needs some updating. We are working on that now (our dealers are technically supposed to update their own information through our dealer sites...some are better at getting this done than others)...

i am all for supporting the local dealers.... but i'm not going to drive to milwaukee (from minneapolis) to listen/buy to some k-horns - and if i bought them - how would i get them home?????

maybe klipsch could offer the entire heritage line for sale direct from the factory at list plus 10% (or some markup) above what the MSRP is so only the people unable to go to a dealer would order direct....

dealers would still get all the local customers - and everyone else would have an opportunity to buy the good stuff directly from the factory...

just a thought

1.gif

Who checks in on these dealers to see if things are setup to Klipsch guidelines & specs and such? The reps? If so, who checks on the reps to see if they are doing their job? The couple places that I have been into in my area with Alpha Stereo in Plattsburgh, NY being the only exception, the setups/displays were poor at best. Alpha had a nice room that mimicked a living room setting and the RF system in there was nicely arranged. Unfortunately, to get to Alpha I have to drive 20 minutes, take a ferry ($$) for 25 minutes and then drive another 5 minutes far from convenient I would say.

The system only works when everyone complies with the terms set forth.

ZERO question but what the Klipsch dealer system is inadequate. The guy (dealer) I necessarily bought Heritage thru acted like it was the biggest pain in his business uh,...ur...neck he'd ever experienced. "He sells and installs home theater systems, not stereo gear".

There are any number of firms who will sell direct, or refer to the closest genuine dealer, business in poorly served markets. The curious part about Klipsch is that it is a seminal manufacturer in this industry. It has quality product at very good pricing. With these advantages Klipsch should command the markets intead of losing them. Somewhere, somehow, somebody really missed the boat, or maybe sunk it.

Chastising a stalwart customer for turning to e-bay to access product otherwise inaccesible is not the answer. Recognizing the problem mebbe Klipsch should open the ears up and ask prospective clients to contact them directly BEFORE turning to the gray market. Klipsch should know regions of light market coverage and can hand hold inquiries in those areas. An attitude of "we'll find a way to serve you" is preferable to a scolding for turning elsewhere.7.gif

"Klipsch home audio products are sold in the United States through a network of authorized dealers selected by Klipsch. This dealer network consists solely of dealers with physical storefronts. Some dealers may have Internet sites on which they also promote Klipsch products. Klipsch dealers have been chosen for their ability to properly represent, demonstrate, sell and, in most cases, service Klipsch products. There are no authorized Klipsch dealers who sell current Klipsch home audio products only from an Internet or auction-type website. Klipsch provides a warranty on products sold only by our authorized dealers."

Unless I'm completely wrong, my interpretation of this paragraph is that a brick & mortar authorized Klipsch dealer can sell you a Klipsch product via the advertisement from their internet site and ship that item to you. My interpretation is based on the notion that the brick & mortar store is not an "internet only" outlet. Of course, it doesn't solve the problem of having to travel a considerable distance to audition the product.

And frzn hit on a good point - a brick & mortar dealer's sales will not be impacted by a "factory direct" sale when a customer is 100+ miles from the nearest dealer since that dealer is drawing his sales from "local yokles". So why not offer "factory direct" at a price that would discourage someone from lying about where they live just to get a cheaper price than what they could get from a dealer that was 25 miles away?

Tom

Hi Amy

Thanks for your reply. Its a tough situation for all. My first experience with Klipsch from a frat brother in college and I never forgot how they sound, but while I was in College (at U of R, Rochester NY) I could not afford them. When I finally was looking to upgrade some 9 years later how could I forget them? I went to a few places of authorized dealers and they did not have Klipsch or the specific Klipsch product in stock for personal listening. Specifically Tweeter at the time had Klipsch, which I guess they dont have any more and they are not so good in KOP. I believe they brought Stereo City, who I used to deal with in Rochester NY. It is tough not to contemplate cheating and using the Internet. I dont mind driving a distence but if driving means I am going to a place that ignores you and does not have the product in stock or let you really listen to them, I kind of feel like to heck with them. I think how would their service be if I had an issue? Perhaps I am incorrect, they just need to see the money when I pay for them, but I know that it not true from my experience.

Again its a tough spot because a brick and mortar place has limitations, in who it can reach them and thier cost of stocking a product on site, especially when they need carry many brands. For most of those brick and mortar sellers to carry the extra in house demo stock of higher end/less often sold products is clearly too costly, nor is the staff educated in them. I can understand this its all about cost, if the lower cost product makes up 80% of your revenue, why would you focus or spend any time on the top 20%. You dont want internet companies selling your products at any level below retail of your brick and mortar places, who have higher costs and hurts thier sales there by further eroding their desire to stock your products. As you state there is also the possibly that the Internet sites could commit fraud in modifying your product and selling as a true Klipsch. Its a conundrum. That said you have an excellent product IMO.

Klipsch needs to get it's collective head out of the sand and wake up in the 21'st century. Surely they are loosing market shares to the likes of Rocket, Axiom, SVS, etc, etc. When people voice concern, you can't recite the policies and procedure manual and all your customers feel better. Untill they realize the potential of the internet, their share will continue to drop. Certainly there are business heads out there that can put together an internet based sales system that is dealer friendly as well. What about dropping the MSRP on the speakers and selling off the internet at the same price. No one (in their right mind) pays retail, so people living by dealers could purchase from dealers still. In the same respect, consumers with no local dealer could buy "Klipsch Direct" from the manufacturer at the same price as buying from the dealer. Set pricing (real world) and hold the line. That's just one way, I'm sure there's others. Klipsch needs to be more involved with their dealers. Some of the horror stories I've been reading about getting RSW subs fixed make me cringe. Time for a shake up Klipsch, we love your product but are looking for more out of you as a company.

----------------

On 2/8/2005 5:52:44 PM CECAA850 wrote:

Klipsch needs to get it's collective head out of the sand and wake up in the 21'st century. Surely they are loosing market shares to the likes of Rocket, Axiom, SVS, etc, etc. When people voice concern, you can't recite the policies and procedure manual and all your customers feel better. Untill they realize the potential of the internet, their share will continue to drop. Certainly there are business heads out there that can put together an internet based sales system that is dealer friendly as well. What about dropping the MSRP on the speakers and selling off the internet at the same price. No one (in their right mind) pays retail, so people living by dealers could purchase from dealers still. In the same respect, consumers with no local dealer could buy "Klipsch Direct" from the manufacturer at the same price as buying from the dealer. Set pricing (real world) and hold the line. That's just one way, I'm sure there's others. Klipsch needs to be more involved with their dealers. Some of the horror stories I've been reading about getting RSW subs fixed make me cringe. Time for a shake up Klipsch, we love your product but are looking for more out of you as a company.

----------------

well said!!!

i would love to be able to give out the klipsch web address or an 800 number in many of the forums that i post on when someone asks for a speaker recommendation.... i do recommend klipsch (love the line)... but many people want to sit on their computer and order their speakers just like they order their CD's and other stuff....

there are MANY people out there that do as much buying online as possible!!!

the av123 thing is a case in point.... nothing spectacular about their products.... probably o.k. for the money.... but you have their customers pushing the product like crazy in the audio forums....

time to rethink this whole online selling thing klispch!!!!

9.gif

----------------

On 2/8/2005 2:11:38 PM Amy Unger wrote:

I also agree that our dealer locater needs some updating. We are working on that now (our dealers are technically supposed to update their own information through our dealer sites...some are better at getting this done than others)...

----------------

Err... right. In August of 1992 I took a 75 mile trip to Team Electronics in Grand Forks, ND for a Reference line audition. The salesperson explained that they had not carried the Klipsch line for a few years. I sent an email to this website the next day. Guess what, as of today they are still listed as a Reference dealer.7.gif

"Unless I'm completely wrong, my interpretation of this paragraph is that a brick & mortar authorized Klipsch dealer can sell you a Klipsch product via the advertisement from their internet site and ship that item to you. My interpretation is based on the notion that the brick & mortar store is not an "internet only" outlet. Of course, it doesn't solve the problem of having to travel a considerable distance to audition the product."

You have to physically be in the store to purchase them if I am not mistaken. If you call the dealer and they have what you are looking for in stock to my knowledge they CANNOT ship the product to you because Klipsch would consider that trans-shipping and the dealer would run the risk of having Klipsch pull the plug on them or at a minimum they would get a slap on the hand and be cut off from product for awhile.

I am interested primarily in the Heritage line and there are NO dealers in the entire state of Vermont that I am aware of. I have found my speakers using classifieds and the internet, people here are so dedicated to Klipsch that they are willing to drive thousands of miles for a nice pair. I have personally made two 12 hour round trips and a couple of shorter 5 hours ones. I had a guy drive from Dubuque, Iowa to pick up a pair of La Scala's from me in VT, and my brother in law drove over 2100 miles to bring his '61 Cornwalls home. Show me another manufacturer that has that kind of selfless dedication to their product. Customers wants and needs should be the primary concern! Some needs to re-evaluate the current dealer network, uhh it is far from ideal but apparently still functional to a point.

Thanks for that info Frzn. Assuming what you stated to be true (and I have no reason to doubt you), then Klipsch truly must be trans-fixed by some business model that makes sense only to them and others that have seen "the numbers".

Yo Trey m'man....how about you set up some kind of round table discussion at this year's Klipsch gathering. Have some marketing folks there and possibly one of those upper management types. You know - those guys who hire all kinds of consultants, assign marketing studies, initiate customer surveys, and when all the data & recommendations are in, they do what the hell they want.11.gif9.gif

Seriously....you want us to shut up? Then educate us.1.gif

Tom

----------------

On 2/8/2005 2:11:38 PM Amy Unger wrote:

----------------

Where are the factory/distribution reps in this process, and why can't they keep Klipsch up to date if the dealers don't?

Larry

"You have to physically be in the store to purchase them if I am not mistaken. If you call the dealer and they have what you are looking for in stock to my knowledge they CANNOT ship the product to you because Klipsch would consider that trans-shipping and the dealer would run the risk of having Klipsch pull the plug on them or at a minimum they would get a slap on the hand and be cut off from product for awhile."

That is bummer cause the price of the speakers cover the first part of the shipment, but know unless you own an large cargo van, the store usually charges you to bring the speakers out and 'set them up in your room'. I don't know about every one else I don't own a cargo van and I don't want anybody setting up new speakers I just brought, much less charging me. I don't like my wife touching them so why would I trust some dude I don't know who does this deliver/stereo thing as a side gig. Sorry my experiances may be my own, but there are some questional people selling this stuff getting paid by the hour sometimes billing the client by the hour and now comming into your house. Anybody know good dealers in Eastern PA, west of Philly?

I'm in the market for a new pair of RB-75s. A product that Klipsch appears to be pretty proud of today. I've got a new living room with a built-in bookshelves on either side of a fireplace. So, the front port on the Reference line is a big plus to at least try and listen over heritage products. I'm loyal to Klipsch because of my 16 year old pair of Forte IIs that are now matched up with an academy and two KG1.5s in my media room (bought off ebay) So, I have a clear need for two channel speakers in my living room.

I've now been to every authorized dealer in Austin Texas. 4 of 'em. (Others are listed but they're out of business for over a year. The list needs a little attention). Ultimate Electronics, Tweeter, Best Buy and a local outfit called A&B TV. Ultimate at least had a pair, but they are wired as rears in a RF7 room. Very cool. Get a chance to hear the reference line. But, I'm pretty well out of luck to hear two channel music from the RB75s. Tweeter, didn't have a pair, Best Buy-no Reference, and A&B only had RB15, RB25, and RB35. I told the salesman at A&B, get some 75s in hear and call me. that was a month ago.

I sell in my line of work. This is no way to run a rodeo.