Indented Woofer Bubbles?

asudhir

Hi, you know the little bubble-like things that are at the center of the woofers on the 4.1 speakers? Well, I have one speaker that is dented a little there, and I can't figure out how to "pull" the bubble back out so it it round again. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smile.gif

my friend knows how... i will call him later and find out. how did you do that?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site !

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

Justin, thanks soooo much! Hope to hear from you Smile.gif

I had my speaker guard off and I had lots of books and stuff stacked on my table right in front of my speaker for one evening. I moved some stuff around, and I guess one of the books' corner in the stack indented the bubble. Frown.gif

Here's how I do it.

Take a small straight pin, and bend the tip of it (about 1/4") back at a right angle (i.e., 90 degrees). With the bent pin, pierce the center of the dent in the bubble (i.e., the dust cap). You should be able to pull out the dent with that; by working it back gently, and through rotating the pin.

After removing the pin, there will now be a very small hole in the dustcap, which you can seal back up with a spot of glue or nail polish. It will not look 100% right, but will work well and sound fine.

-djf

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

well, DanF, you must think along the same lines as James Brown... not the singer but my best friend. That is what he did. I would be reluctant to use teh tape way for i would probably use Hofy duck tape and just rip the bubble off! LoL!!!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site !

The tape trick works for soft domes, but not for hard paper domes.

BTW, I HAVE actually used a vacuum cleaner to do this on some speakers i had at home. Talk about power tools!

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

Thanks a lot guys! Especially DanF... I tried the pin thing and it worked, well, to some extent. It doesn't look perfectly round any more, but that's not possible, it's just that I'm picky. It's a lot better than before though. I'm so glad there's so many of you smart ones around Wink.gifSmile.gif

yeah... glad there are others like me out here... just joking. LoL~~!!cwm42.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!**

(does not matter anymore though)

Cover the dome with bondo then sand it into shape!!

No thats a joke, i had a set of KG5.5s, that my stepdaughter did that to, they had the hard plastic dome, i used tape, but it never was the original shape!!

It will not effect the sound, you could even take them off, all they are is a dust cover, without the dome, dirt and dust would get into the speaker!!

Would be nice if they would put flat ones on the speakers!!!

Especially the KG 5.5s, the grill cloth was way to flimsy, the domes never had a chance!!

Regards Jim

really, i did not know that was thier only purpose...

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!**

(does not matter anymore though)