Corvzr1

Hey all, I currently have a 5.1 setup. Right now for mains I have RB35's. My center is a Synergy c2. My rears are my old Infinity Interlude IL20's. My receiver supports a 6.1 setup. Now on to the question. What should I use for my back channel? Would another center channel work or should I use a kilipsh RS speaker. Also, I will eventually be moving my rb35's to the surrounds and purchasing a RF7 for the mains. What do you all think?

One more thing I currently have an Infinity 10" sub, I was thinking of going with a Klipsch sub but i've heard of reliability issues. Do any of you think a Velodyne would be better?1.gif

----------------

On 2/14/2005 11:22:35 AM Corvzr1 wrote:

Thanks for replying. I was thinking of geting the rc7 for the center and throwing the sc2 to the back. It is nice to see someone reply. There are a lot of people on this board not willing to help a semi newbie
1.gif

----------------

It some times takes a while for people to get around to answering

questions. It's nothing agaist you or your status. I sometimes

post a question and it goes unanswered for a time. So don't

get discouraged and keep posting. When you do get the RC-7

you will want to get the RF-7 mains very quickly. Both are

awsome speakers. In terms of Klipsch subs, I would not hesitate

to purchase one. The RSW series are very good and comes with

a think a 5 year warranty. I have owned two Klipsch subs,

(SW-8II and the RW-12) and have never had any problems. I have

seen a few posts about the RSW-15 subs but keep in mind that

many here on the forum have the RSW's and have not had problems.

----------------

On 2/14/2005 11:22:35 AM Corvzr1 wrote:

Thanks for replying. I was thinking of geting the rc7 for the center and throwing the sc2 to the back.

----------------

Exactly the move I'd suggest as well.

Btw, I would go with a center channel for the rear center as well, but you can also use a bookshelf speaker. In your future setup, RB-35s across the back would be a good option.

Hey Man -

I have both the RSW-15 and the KSW-15. Some people have had problems with the RSW but fortunately I haven't. It is an awesome sub, but I would wait until the fronts are acquired. I only have the RF-5's, but wish I had the RF-7's now. Being patient. I wouldn't be afraid of the Klipsh sub, just be aware of the dealer you buy from. Good Luck!

What's the budget on the sub? I wouldn't worry about reliability being an issue. I've only read about 2 problems on this forum and I believe they were both with Ultimate Electronics which is pleading bankruptcy right now...just think of how many subs klipsch has already sold. 2/4000 is a very low failure rate (.05%)