Check out these imposters and lame review

jeffgeorge

They definitely look like imposters, but they didn't get a lame review. They actually beat the Klipsch. Of course, we don't know who this reviewer is and whether he is paid to "review" products or not. And even if it is a legit review, all it says is that one guy likes these No-Name speakers better. There are lots of people who, if asked would say they like the Bose Acoustimass 10 better than the Klipsch Reference 7 series.

I will say this...this (most likely biased, lol) "review" led me to do some research on the BIC speakers...namely the H-100 sub. I was pretty unhappy with the KSW-12 I had been using for about three years....it was never a nice, clean sound, especially with music. I used numerous settings and room positions to no avail. I contacted the BIC engineering department and traded emails with Jeff. He confirmed what I had read on other sites; the fact that the sub was designed for BIC by Dr. Hsu himself. And, if you look it over, the amp is pretty much a twin to the HSU STF-1 sub's amp. The specs are better on the BIC sub than the Klipsch....150w RMS, 500w peak, with a digital BASH amp....so I bravely ordered the BIC from an eBay retailer. I put my Klipsch up on eBay as well. The day my new BIC arrived I was boxing up the KSW to ship to it's new owner, and I have NO regrets about the change. The price and performance of the BIC simply blow the Klipsch sub away. $240 and change shipped to my doorstep for the BIC....and the sound quality is so improved over what I suffered with for three years it makes listening to things a much better experience. And I got a second one to go with my 2-channel system as well for more bass performance. But.....I was more than happy to get the Klipsch Reference speakers to round out things upstairs, and have no regrets about that! The only bad thing I see is that they have tried to duplicate the look of the Reference series speakers' aluminum drivers, but in reality they are IMG cones. I guess imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, lol.

----------------

On 2/17/2005 10:39:51 AM jeffgeorge wrote:

When I refer to "lame" I meant that it is not substantiated by anything other than a name. I figure this guy probably works for the company.
----------------

I agree, not sure who Calvin Harding Jr. is and I not sure I trust him. When you go to the Bic website... Notice how they say "RAVE REVIEWS". Then go on to bullet point exact phrases from Calvin's and only Calvin's review. Although they try to make it look like reviews were pouring in from all over! They used to make a hell of a pen though.

http://www.rtrspeakers.com/banner.htm

The reviewer brings up a good point. The 8 inch is space saving, while the Synergy depth is "taxing" and reference is downright "bulky". WHo wants bulking and taxing? ONly silly people. I'll take the space saving design, especially if the play twice as loud with only a 3db gain. Now that is impressive...How do they do that? I thought it would take 10db.

----------------

On 2/17/2005 5:29:54 PM v3spitfire wrote:

The reviewer brings up a good point. The 8 inch is space saving, while the Synergy depth is "taxing" and reference is downright "bulky". WHo wants bulking and taxing? ONly silly people. I'll take the space saving design, especially if the play twice as loud with only a 3db gain. Now that is impressive...How do they do that? I thought it would take 10db.
----------------

Let me add that Bic also an advertiser on the reviewers somewhat fledgling website. The whole things seems just a little tilted. He calls them "visually stunning", to me, they look like cheaper Chinese copies of the Klipsch.

No doubt Calvin Harding Jr. being the man of integrity he certainly is, right now has a few complimentary and probably by now dusty sets of these speakers sitting in his garage. Perhaps Calvin Harding Sr., hearing impaired of course is enjoying his sons Christmas gift, of this fine set of speakers. Calvin is the kind of guy that reviews films like Catwomen or Surviving Christmas and calls it the feel good movie of the year just to see his name in print.