Alien vs Predetor

Corvzr1

I added AVP wide screen to my collection the other day. I know it has a horible plot, but its a lot of fun with the action. Most of the surround was pretty good. But I had a problem, the green words on the left sides of the screen were cut off. These are the ones at the begining that tell where the people are. eg, the girl is climbing the ice mountiain, it says something like nepal on the bottom left of the screen. Well these words and other are cut off. I checked my settings and all was well. I even changed some inputs to see if this was the problem. After I couldnt fix it, I went to another tv that has a cheap dvd player hooked up through one of those converters. I played the movie and found the same problem. So is it the disk or am I missing something? If anyone else has the wide screen version, please let me know.

There was a thread about this movie a month or so ago, and I remember saying if you threw Sigourney Weaver and Arnold Schwartzenegger in it, and had James Cameron at the helm, this movie would be an instant classic. As it is, however, it's a total flop. Special effects and surround sound demo-ing of your system are the only 2 redeeming features that make this worthy of rent. And that's a huge stretch, to say it's "worthy."

Yea, this would be the 3rd thread on this movie. As for the green letters being cut off, maybe it is your tv not being a widescreen tv? It looks fine on mine.

Nicholti... "total flop" ?? Man..... thems harsh words. Like I said in the previous threads, I thought it was a pretty good movie. Yea, if the cast & director were different it could be better, but I thought it was good. The set designs were just awesome & I thought the plot wasn't too bad. I saw it in the theater & went out and bought it anyway. I liked it.

I thought the Movie was entertaining. I thought the girl on the movie was hot.

I don't remember the writing on the side of the screen, but different TVs have more overscan than others. This is adjustable, but you probably want a technician to do it. Don't think you missed much with the lettering, though.

sad movie, but I love Aliens and Predator, so seeing it was no choice for me, good idea for the plot though (Predators keep Aliens where they are safe - our planet!) All the CGI effects leave me cold, actions movies are starting to look like cartoons: nothing in focus, backgrounds washed with fractals, etc. worth a mucho cheap night rental - that's it.

8.gif