Recommended receiver

Lorens

I am considering upgrading my receiver to a Yamaha HTR-5790. The surround speakers for 6.1 setup are aimed to be Klipsch (if i dont bust my budget). Do you recommed the yamaha as a reciever? Im not interested in the fanciest programmable features that one can offer, but simply the sound quality.

If your interested,,I have a brand new (in the box) Yamaha rx-v2500 7.1 receiver. Paid $890.00 for it.. I would take $625.00 plus shipping costs It is one of Yamaha's best AV receivers and the price is right. 130 watts per 7 channels.. I'm selling because I am staying with my old (16year) Carver stereo receiver. NO more room for 5 speakers, TV, etc. Thats what my wife tells me anyway!!!!!!!! Jim. boyz@dcwis.com I'm near Green Bay Wisconsin.

I have the 5790 and to me it's a great receiver. I also compared it with the highly recommended pioneer 1014 and decided to keep the 5790 because it sounded more natural than the pioneer. The pioneer had everything almost exactly same as the 5790, however the sound was more mechanical(to my ears) and at times sounded harsh to me.

The above receiver on sale is good too and it's not bad for the price at all. However if you still would like to purchase the 5790 then I would recommend that as well.

I'm a Yamaha fan (have three), but know this about the htr series. The rated power is at 1 kHz, not across the audible spectrum of 20Hz - 2-kHz, therefore when comparing to the RXV line or other receivers, you should deduct about 30% off Yamaha's power ratings.

I prefer the features of the RXV line, rec out, zone 2, DSP circuitry is better. I DO NOT buy into the theory that Yamaha sounds 'bright', etc with Klipsch.

Michael

I'm with Colterphoto. I've been using a Yamaha RX1300 for two years with an alternating variety of Klipsch and other speakers. Presently, it's set up with two RF3s, RC3 and two RS3s and a custom sub. In HT mode, the setup is seamless, clear and powerful. For music listening, I prefer the 2 channel stereo mode or sometimes the 6 channel entertainment mode, and it's up to the task. This Yamaha has had no service problems, is built like a tank and does everything and more than I need so I'd recommend one. BTW, Klipsch and Yamaha are rumoured to be getting together on a package deal. Hamish

I like how my yammy sounds with RF7.....

Does not sound high pitched to me....

NOTE: I am still trying to get used to a term that means lots of light being used to describe sound.....does not seem correct to me...but what do I know...hehehe

Anybody using Denon Receivers with Klipsh? I recently switched to Klipsch synergy and was totally amazed at the quality. I just didn't know what I was missing until now :)

Anyway, back to the topic. What about Denon receivers? Anybody out there have any experience with them ??

i work in a mid to upsca;e retailer and in one of our showcase rooms i have the RF7 setup (RF7, Rs7, RB 75, RC7 and RSW15) it is set up with a pioneer vsx 59txi, but i regularly drag either the rxz9 or the denon 5803 into the room for people. to me the pioneer is too shrill (even properly set up,) both the denon and yamaha sound great.

----------------

On 2/21/2005 7:10:14 PM irrationalfear wrote:

i work in a mid to upsca;e retailer and in one of our showcase rooms i have the RF7 setup (RF7, Rs7, RB 75, RC7 and RSW15) it is set up with a pioneer vsx 59txi, but i regularly drag either the rxz9 or the denon 5803 into the room for people. to me the pioneer is too shrill (even properly set up,) both the denon and yamaha sound great.

----------------

a pioneer elite shrill with klipsch????

first time i've EVER heard that - in any forum!!!!

you are welcome to your opinion..... but i feel you will find yourself in a minority here on this forum....

BTW - welcome to the forum!