Recommended receiver

Lorens

----------------

On 2/21/2005 7:17:42 PM minn_male42 wrote:

----------------

On 2/21/2005 7:10:14 PM irrationalfear wrote:

i work in a mid to upsca;e retailer and in one of our showcase rooms i have the RF7 setup (RF7, Rs7, RB 75, RC7 and RSW15) it is set up with a pioneer vsx 59txi, but i regularly drag either the rxz9 or the denon 5803 into the room for people. to me the pioneer is too shrill (even properly set up,) both the denon and yamaha sound great.

----------------

a pioneer elite shrill with klipsch????

first time i've EVER heard that - in any forum!!!!

you are welcome to your opinion..... but i feel you will find yourself in a minority here on this forum....

BTW - welcome to the forum!

----------------

The Pioneers Elites I tried(53/55) were a bit shrill w/Klipsch rf7s.That don't mean they are to anyone else,just to my ears.

----------------

On 2/21/2005 8:03:49 PM Fish wrote:

The Pioneers Elites I tried(53/55) were a bit shrill w/Klipsch rf7s.That don't mean they are to anyone else,just to my ears.

----------------

i was considering selling my carver professional ZR1000 digital amp when i got my new 55txi...

what the heck!.... here it was a brand new receiver that sold for over $1300 with 100 watts per channel for powering KLF-30's (same sensitivity as the RF-7's).... it should sound good....

i tried both amps back to back on some music that i knew very well (jazz and classical)...... the result was that some of the finer details were not present using the internal amps of the pioneer...... i hooked up the carver ZR amp and suddenly ALL the details were there with a great balance top to bottom....

to me - the elite sounded good.... but it was too warm for me on my KLF-30's.... i wanted more detail and greater definition than it provided....

needless to say... the carver is still in my rack!

1.gif

i have not tried RF-7's in my room so i cannot make a blanket statement about my pioneer elite 55txi and them.... although every time i listened to them at a local dealer they were powered by an pioneer elite receiver and they sounded great!