RB-75's

white_shadow

The improvement is in the horn. The RB-75 shares a very similar horn to its bigger brothers (RF-7, RC-7), and when I owned my RB-75s, I actually preferred the performance of that horn to those of the other Reference sevens (slightly). You gain increased detail and wider soundstage vs. the RB5. It was worth it for me - just for the upgraded horn. The horn is also a bit smoother, but again, all of the Reference sevens are very detailed - garbage in - garbage out. The smoothness of Reference speakers ultimately depends on what you are running for a source, processor, and amp.

I miss my RB-75s. 8.gif However, I traded them as part of a package and received some incredible Heritage and tube amps in return. 10.gif

I did like them enough that down the road, I would gladly pick up a pair for another room. Run RB-75s as mains, and they will match your RB-5s well enough, for their use as surrounds. Plus, getting RB-75s will convince you to buy a RC-7. 9.gif

Carl

I use 3 of them LCR and really like them. I started out with 2 as mains with a RC35 center and that sounded nice to my newbie ears about a year ago. I can now tell the difference in sound from the 1.75" drivers vs. the 1" but they still blend well IMO. I like listening in 6 channel stereo with 3 RB75's, 2 rB25's and 1 RC35.

Probably the RC7 has some advantages but I needed the front ports. Mine are installed similar to the THX Ultra 2's in that sweet HT room (go to News Center and Photo gallery of Klipsh site)

Gib