Klipsch Academy on ebay!

Mjaudio

I happen to have 2 Klipsch Academy center channels. I only use one for center duties and was planning on getting another to use for surrounds. Since these centers are difficult to find I have decided to part with my extra Academy so that someone else can put it to good use.

The auction ends on Sunday Feb. 27 at 8:20PM PST. The link is below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5753657372&indexURL=7#ebayphotohosting

I am sure someone here will provide it with a good home.

It is in excellent condition and medium Oak.

Thanks for looking.

I have actually been a member since 2002. It is obvious that I do not post many replys as I believe this is just my 3rd. I usually just come here to gain knowledge and to find out what works best for other fans of Klipsch like me. If I offended anyone then I am sorry as that was not my intention. I just thought someone might need an Academy here and may skip a week of looking on ebay.

I offer to anyone here on the Klipsch forum that even if the Buy it Now option is not used and the reserve is met I will ship it Fed-Ex Ground fully insured within the 48 States Free. You just need to post on this thread BEFORE the auction ends that you would like the offer. Any replys to this thread after the auction ends will need to pay the shipping costs.

I just wanted to offer an olive branch to all the members and again I apoligize if I offended anyone.

MJAudio,

I sure dont see it necessary for you to have to apologize for offering your academy hear. Probably only 1/10th of 1% of all Klipsch owners know of this site anyways. This is a public forum as well. Klipsch owners,Aragon owners and now Jamo owners have a right to feel ownership on this forum. So dont feel apologetic MJ, its your forum as well. I think it might be nice if Amy and team would put up a classified section. Sure would help from confusion and insults. Good luck with your sale.

For those newbies that don't understand it is customary but certainly not obligatory that most forum members offer their Klipsch or other interesting items for sale to forum members first before eBaying or AudioGoning them. It is kind of an unwritten rule and no one could expect you to know that.

Most including myself find it rude that someone puts something for sale on eBay or AudioGon first then comes here to ring his/her own bell.

I also know that most folks on this forum including myself are looking for a good deal, hey aren't we all, and $675 is no real deal for an Academy. While the price based on the condition and completeness of the speaker is not out of line for what Academy's sell for on average which is $475 - $500 it is more than the norm.

Good luck with your auction!

I admit that my Buy it Know price may be high. The last Academy in this condition sold on ebay for $685 I believe and shipping was another $50. If I wanted to sell this Academy for sure I would have run a $1 no reserve auction like I normally do with items this popular. The fact is I would not be heart broken if it doesn't sell. I think in the far reachs of my poluted mind I hope I can find another med. oak Academy in the same condition for surround duties. I would buy enough for a 7 channel system if it wasn't so difficult and expensive.

If it doesn't sell then for some sick reason I would probably be happy.

It really is a great center though and it would be nice for it to go to someone who would appreciate it as much as I do.

Thanks for the kind words stormin and I promise Frzninvt to offer whatever Klipsch item I am selling to the forum members prior to listing on ebay or agon. I honestly didn't know so thank you for telling me.

I understand that I don't need to apologize but I do feel by the reaction that I have offended some in this community. I really enjoy coming here from time to time to get some ideas but my work schedule makes contributing tough. Since I still plan on coming back to gain more knowledge from the members on this forum I would rather it be on a good note.

If the Academy does not sell on ebay I will more than likely keep it. If I decide otherwise I will bring it here to the forum at a good price so a member can complete there system.

Thanks all

----------------

On 2/21/2005 8:42:17 AM Frzninvt wrote:

For those newbies that don't understand it is customary but certainly not obligatory that most forum members offer their Klipsch or other interesting items for sale to forum members first before eBaying or AudioGoning them. It is kind of an unwritten rule and no one could expect you to know that.

Most including myself find it rude that someone puts something for sale on eBay or AudioGon first then comes here to ring his/her own bell.

Exactly my point.

I have know problem and welcome forum members to offer there klipsch to the rest of us FIRST before putting it on one of the auction sites.

scooter