Missing klipsch chorus II woofer!

mrinne

I think that is the K-48K woofer if I am not mistaken. Call 1-800-Klipsch and ask for the parts department and see if by chance they still have them available. If not it may be tough to find.

Someone on the forum bought a pair a while back and had them shipped and received kindling and drivers so he may be able to sell you a woofer if he has no intention of rebuilding the cabinets.

Mikko,

I just went through this same situation basically with a new woofer for my chorus II.

The original woofer is a K 48 E. But you will not get an exact replacement from klipsch. You will recieve a K 48 EP from klipsch. This is actually a pro speaker and is the only replacement they sell. Also you will spend 236.00 + shipping. And cosmetically speaking it isnt even close. So if you are looking for the woofers to be of same appearance you will have to look at another option.

Now there is another option. Klipsch does carry a K 48 E woofer kit. This will have same appearnce as your original. But you will either have to have knowledge on how to rebuild your woofer or find a qualified person.

I believe there is a member on the forum that will be performing these services for other members for an undisclosed amount. But i would imagine being a fellow member he will have great prices.

Another option which i was told about is Woofer.com. I have been told that there have not been any complaints and their work is top notch. They are located in Louisville,Kentucky.

Hope i was able to help,

Good Luck

Well forget the idea of the kit.

After i read your post more closely i realize you dont have a woofer to rebuild. Just maybe i was able to educate others who have a woofer and want an exact replacement.

Ebay might be your best option.

Good luck.

----------------

On 2/23/2005 12:55:14 PM dodger wrote:

If they are as difficult to get as the passive radiator, is there a substitute?

----------------

Can't help with the the woofer, but I saved this from someone else's post and I BELIEVE the KD-16K is the drone for the Chorus II. I don't know if this list is kept up-to-date however.

Hi Mikko,

Well at the moment i have the new replacement woofer from klipsch installed. I have the original sitting in a box awaiting its shippment to woofer.com. Once i recieve it back i will just put the replacement in a box for a spare. Sure is an expensive spare.

But as far as the sound of the new replacement from klipsch after about 20 hours of burn in i cannot distinguish one woofer from the other. So its a great match just dont expect it to look like the orginal.

Good luck.