Selling Klipsch's

Edklipsch

Ed, if they're broken, Klipsch will fix them under warranty. They have a great customer service department at 1-800-KLIPSCH. Another possibile (probable) cause of undesirable sound would be speaker placement/room accoustics issues. There are plenty of folks here with vast amounts of knowledge (at least they've fooled me!cwm5.gif ). I'm just thinking, if you LOVED these speakers, maybe there's something you could do to rekindle the fire in your relationship with them. Lots of free counseling here!

These speakers are now, I hear, going for cheap (relatively) on Ubid, brand new with warranty, so if you sell, price accordingly.

Good luck! fini

All we are saying, is give Klipsch a chance...

Everything remains the same from when I first purchased and set up. Never changed placement. I dunno. Using a 5ch ATI amp, used with all the outputs, sound stayed the same. Almost, as though the mid-bass went to sleep

No matter, I've yet to listen to the new line. Think I will. Maybe I can trade up for a new pair.

Thanks for replying, Ed

Hey.......someone else from Maine!!!!

Maybe it's your amplifier, you might want to try a softer, warmer receiver with them. Denon and Yamaha seem to be preferred for Klipsch speakers because it tames the highs and keeps the rest smooth.

Good Luck

PS - where do you do your Klipsch shopping?

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (soon to be added)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS HT Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video and Component Cables

Only do separate components.

Purchased set from New England Hi-Fi. Great bunch of people. Got amp there too. Gave a nice discount, unlike Tweeter, but, that's not why I went there.

Have Monster Cable Power Center HTS2000, but, was thinking maybe alightning strike did something. It's supposed to protect from that, I know it did my computer on a lightning strike. Always leave system on when home from road.

Don't do Denon, Yamaha, and the like. Don't really know why, just don't. I'd like to get a Carver Lightstar amp myself, but, they don't make anymore. Don't do used. Oh Well.

Purchased quite abit from Tweeter too, Rick is an awesome guy to work with.

Thanks for reply, Ed

sorry to hear you are not enjoying your system anymore - hope that nothing is wrong with it, but you are learning something that I think that dealers have known all along - our ears learn to listen.

one of the things that tube lovers tout about their odd looking peices of equipment is that they continue to sound good even after long periods of time

tube people tell stories about switching to solid state amps and then losing interest in music, only to refind their love of music when they switch back to tubes - well, that is the folk lore anyway

so I think that your ears have learned to hear the deficiencies of your amps (certainly couldn't be the Klipsch speakers, right?)

Two things you can do. Get thee to a dealership and spend more money upgrading. Or invite me over.

if I can go skiing at your house this winter, or sailing if you are close to the water this summer, I will gladly bring you a pair of sweet flea powered tube amps so that you can have a nice long listen ...

deal? cwm1.gif (Just kidding - I ski at Wachusetts at Xmas.

------------------

big old Cornwalls, Bottlehead 2A3 Paramour tube amps, Dynaco series II tube pre-amp, Rotel CD player, KSW200 & LF10 subs

Ed,nothing wrong with the speakers.That is exactly the way the Legends sound to me too when cranked.The fine amp just gave you CLEAN ear bleed highs from them.Have you tried an equalizer(I hate eq's)?

Keith

Thanks for replying Colin and Keith.

Have always considered a tube pre. Was considering the Anthem Pre2L. Love the look. Aesthetics always influence buying decision. Will have to look into that. Hmm.

I am having a tweeter replaced in one 30. The magnet assembly is quite loose. Talked with Trey today. Maybe that will help.

Yes Keith, I do have an EQ. Hardly ever use. Was inline between amp and pre, but, unhooked to see if i could hear difference. Nothing really noticed.

Again, thanks. Ed

My System:

ATI 1505 Power Amp

Acurus RL-11 Pre-Amp

Rotel RCD-971 CD

Audio Control EQ C101 Series 111

Adcom GSA-700 Pro-Logic

Adcom GDD-1 Digital Add-On Processor

Toshiba SD-9000 DVD

Sony 32" TV

Nakamichi LX-5 Cassette Deck

AR 1/Shure V Turntable/Cartridge

KLF-30/20/C-7 Speakers

AR Powered Partners

All cables/speaker wire are Monster Cable M950i/M Series speaker wire. Money wasted I suppose. But, they look nice.

Ed,

If you are interested in selling just the C7, please PM me.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Hi, Ed. I can sense the tone of frustration in your note. Two quick suggestions before you do anything drastic. First, if you haven't tried bi-wiring your mains, give it a try with at least 12 guage wire. Second, I was under the impression that ATI amps were a bit harsh with a Klipsch setup. Try a Rotel amp. The high end is slightly rolled off by design and mates well with Klipsch. Very sweet combo. Let us know how it turns out!!!

Cheers,

Bill W.

Klf-20s (mains)

C-7 (center)

RS-7 (rear surrounds)

Rotel 1095 (200X5)

Lexicon DC-2 (preamp)

ONKYO 444 (to power side speakers for Logic 7)

cwm11.gif