screens for projectors- DIY?

Scp53

at my school(im a senior in hs) a teacher just got a dell projector(model 2300 somethin). anyways, he needs to get a screen of some sort instead of using a white cement block wall. im really hopeing thats someone has a good DIY suggestion because he has very little money(it will probably come out of his pocket). the screen will be like 10 feet or so tall and proportional width. the plan would be to make a rectanglular frame out of wood and stretch a fabric over it. not sure where to look for fabric though. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

scp53

need a different link. that ones incorrect. im looking basically for some screen fabric and the height is going to be more like 8-9feet. remember this a budget and does not need to be perfect. a "non-screen specific" material is fine if it produces decent results.

scp53

Parkland Plastics is THE preferred screen material. Cheap, easy to work with, 1.5 luminance gain, it's the nuts. Think they intended it for RV bathroom showerstall material, but now everybody uses it for projector screen material because of the almost perfect reflective quality - I don't know about this stuff, but for me it looks and works terrific. I made one out of a 10'x5' piece of parkland by constructing a frame of 2x2's, then skinning the frame with 3/8"MDF. Then you adhere the Parkland Plastic piece with some Henry's (I believe 444), let it dry, whip up a quick moulding border if you want, hang it and away you go. Mouse nuts. Will provide pics if you want......

More info to be found on the AVS forum site about this stuff

I started with parkland plastic, not bad however, if you don't have something perfectly flat to glue it to you will end up with a wavy screen.

After the parkland plastic, I upgraded to a sheet of peg board material only it didn't have the holes. One side was bare, the other side has a white plastic coating on it. Also, I got some Screen Goo and painted it. HUGE improvement

goo-logo.jpg

get a hold of some who sells da-lite or some one like them . the dell is not very brite. da-lite have sceens you can velcro to the wall eliminating a costly frame and designed for lcd or dlp projecters that need light gain or for rooms that are tough to contol outside light. should cost you $500- $600