KHorns $700 in Illinois

Thumpelstiltskin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Gil--

I'm REALLY happy for you!

I'll bet you $1.00 that both woofers are still there and that both are in good shape.

Let us know how they sound.

You know, if it hadn't been you who bought them, I'll feel a little sorry for the guy that sold them; he'll never know what he let slip through his fingers.

Congratulations!

Lucky S.O.B.!

"I just want to get rid of them"!?

Man, oh man, what a find... I would definitely create a couple of corners if I were to land a deal like this (or move into a house that has real corners!).

As it stands, it looks like LaScalas would be the only viable replacement for my Fortes, if I were to ever go the completely horny route...

----------------

On 2/26/2005 10:41:09 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

I, uhhh, gulped, and hit "Pay now".

The price was right and they're about 10 miles away. You can't beat that. No way.

Gil

----------------

be glad, beeee veeerrryyy gladddd, i was looking at these and figureing the 600 mile trip one way would be worth it and ready to zap them just as you hit the buy now!!! you really pi#@$d me off11.gif but i am glad to see it was a member on here that bought these it was a smoking deal CONGRADULATIONS (no really i mean it11.gif )seriously though happy to see you get them10.gif10.gif joe

Awesome Gil, I'm so happy for you. You're going to a lot of fun playing them, and playing with them!

Tom Mobley said: "There will be no charge for labor or materials, and let me say that I appreciate your substantial and continued contributions to this board. IMHO, you are one of the real MVPs here."

You're a class act Tom, and I agree about Gil being one of the "real MVPs" here. I've learned a ton because of him.

This could not have worked out better. Gil, a worthy recipient, need only make a short trip to collect his fantastic bargains.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Id feel worse about not hitting BIN, but for the fact that two weeks ago I scored Cornwalls (30 minutes away) off eBay for $475.00. I thought those were a stealand they werebut it was a misdemeanor; Khorns for $700.00 is a felony.