Weak Bass

Ryder276

I just got my 4.1's a few days ago and im a bit dissapointed,specifically the weakness of the

bass.I had stronger Bass with my FPS 2000's so im wondering if theres something wrong.Im using a soundblaster Live value soundcard but have also tried a Philips Acoustic edge -both with the latest drivers.

Another Sound forum suggested i try only using the front jacks and i did and got more Bass however i never got a answer back.

Any suggestions?

Dan

This message has been edited by Ryder276 on 08-20-2001 at 01:35 PM

i have mine on thick berber carpet and i have really powerful bass with my v2.400's. i do not know what could cause the loss of base. is the sub knob turned up? check to make sure the program you are using has the bass up and check to see if there is a bass boosting plugin. also check and make sure that you have your card set for large speakers and the program that plays music and DVD is set for large speakers.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

If you have an early four channel soundcard, chances are your drivers need updating. Some first year sound cards had a phase problem with the rear channels.

Check with the card maker to see if you have the latest drivers installed.

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

Placement and breaking period are important.

After the summer going by quite quickly, I have returned to the dorm. Desk and sub are in the corner - the bass sounds and feels great with the sub level to slightly above Min. I would probably attribute this increase in performance to the greater breakin time. Placement is pretty much same as last semester.

When I first got my Pros, they seemed weak but I am greatly pleased with them now.

Well,i hope they do get better in time. I do have the latest drivers installed for my sound card (SB live Value)and i am thinking of buying a TB santa Cruz sound card. I still have not called tech support yet.(i will try early next week)

Thanks for all the replys.

Dan