Survey: How long has it been since you've seen Heritage speakers on display at a Klipsch dealership?

Hardhead

• Moderators

----------------

On 3/1/2005 6:19:13 PM dodger wrote:

Eight years or so.

I've been trying to get people not to say you can save by going to Audiogon, if they mention buying new.

I remember a while ago, Trey gave a ballpark of new Heritage sold.

I emailed Amy the other day and explained why I was interested and asked for another ballpark for either 2003 or 2004.

Amy's reply was "We don't give out sales figures, sorry! :)" )

A little paraphrased.

That does lead to my thoughts on email etiquette, I try to give a salutation, the body or text or answer, then either wishes, and some sort of a signature, though electronic.

Not all do anymore. Granted people are busy, but it's not hard. Or too time consuming.

We are losing writing skills - spelling, grammar, personalization, we use dramatic shortcuts.

That's a shame.

dodger
----------------

Sorry, win. It's difficult to respond to the influx of emails I received daily, in addition to keeping up with 500+ posts on this board a day, in addition to my "normal" duties here. I will try to do better next time.

Perhaps Trey can give you a "ballpark" again. I personally do not feel comfortable discussing our sales figures.

Many years ago at Audio Systems in Laredo, TX they had all the models on the floor all the time. Killer gear to go with them as well. This was in the late 70's and early to mid-80's. I know for a fact that they sold a ton of Heritage speakers, PWK even visited the place personally at least once never got to meet him though. I grew up in South Texas.

The last Heritage I saw on a showroom floor was when I was in the USAF overseas, they had them at the Army PX in Vogelweh, GE, AAFES would have a tent sale every year in the summer and the whole line was available for sale to GI's. I bought Forte' but I wanted La Scala's however I did not want to lug them around the country so I compromised.

I would buy a new pair of Hersey's today if I could do it online. Mahogany Lacquer. The nearest Heritage dealer that this website shows is over 100 miles from me. I emailed them and never recieved a response. If I could point and click or even call 1-800, and have them shipped to my door my order would already be placed!

Go ahead Amy, test me, my credit card is ready....

The last time I saw them at a dealer was when I bought my new 1980 Cornwalls. So I guess that would be.........um.......er.......1980 or......um........er.......25 years!

Then again, there was a long period of time in between when I just wasn't looking.

The only store I ever saw them (and it was the full lineup!) was in Charlesbourg, a suburb of Quebec City, around 1980. The store carried everything from the Canadian distributor. Wish they were still there and still sold them... The Rimouski Klipsch dealer doesn't know what Heritage are. I once told a salesman there that I had La Scala's; he looked them up on the web and, from the picture, was picturing a La Scala about 6 inches wide!

The local authorized dealer here in Northern Alabama (who also sells security systems and central vacuum cleaners) had a pair of Belle's in the showroom last summer. I haven't been back since to see if there is anything new.

Last time for me was in Audio/Video Warehouse here in Savannah back in the late 80's or early 90's. And it was a pair of Heresy II's. The owner said he's ordered some Heritage through the years, but doesn't stock them. They're still a Klipsch Heritage dealer so every time I'm in there I rag the owner about getting them. I'm thinking that eventually he'll cave in and order some just to shut me the hell up!1.gif

Tom

A few weeks ago.

Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicago NW burbs)still has Khorns. Simply Stereo is owned/run by a couple of guys from the former Chicago area dealer Hi-Fi Hutch. It's certainly not the best setup, small and crowded, but better than nothing I guess.

About three years ago I saw (not heard) a pair of Khorns at Carlin Audio in Dayton, Ohio (I live 65 miles away in Cincinnati) but they haven't had them since. The most recent sighting was a pair at Today's Audio in Flint, MI over 300 miles away AND they were on consignment from a private seller!!

As far as Cincinnati dealers go? They say they carry Heritage but all of them absolutely refuse to get any unless they're sold with cash in the drawer.

artto...I forgot about them...was there about 5 years ago with my older brother looking for the elusive Academy...was it you that reported that they had a sale or something on those KHorns a while back...seriously tempted ('ceptin of course for lack of that much cash! 9.gif )

Bill

It's been 21 years since I last saw Heritage in a dealer's showroom, that being the Army Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) located at Robbinson Barracks Post Exchange (PX) in Stuttgart, Germany. At the time I only recall a pair of new Cornwalls and several pairs of Heresys.

The only other time I recall ever seeing Heritage Series was way back in either '77 or '78...my dad and I visited an audio retailer in New Haven, CT that carried both Klipsch and McIntosh. The very first pair of walnut Klipschorns I ever saw was powered by a Mac MC275 tube amp. From that moment on I knew that someday I'd own Klipsch and McIntosh (well, SS Macs, but Macs nonetheless)!