Meaning of "HWO"

MikeH10

Just bought a pair of Heresy 1's on ebay. On the inspection sheet glued to the back beside "Type", it has written "HWO". Can any one fill me in on the meaning of this legend? By the way the serial numbers are 128w391 and 128w386. Can anyone decipher these numbers. The speakers must have been built after 1980 because there is a copyright designation of 1980 on the inspection sheet. Would appreciate any other info anyone might have about these speakers. BTW, for the most part I am bowled over by these speakers. The tonal characteristics of the midrange is far more accurate than I had expected on the basis of some of the commentary that I have read about these speakers. Thanks in advance

Mike:

The HWO stands for:

H = Heresy

W = Walnut

O = Oil

The "W" in the serial number represents the year 1981. I recently bought 3 of these to complete my HT setup using Cornwall mains. Although not in the same league as the Cornwall, they are in fact, fine speakers in their own right. I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment.