Ask and ye shall receive - Klipsch execs

t-man

Why is it that Ubid has all the Klipsch gear we all want. I'm sick of some company getting off charging way too much for shipping. Also, I'm sick of Joe Blow getting each and every item for bid, just so he can turn around and make a profit on Ebay.

Why doesn't Klipsch allow its loyal and faithful consumers (that's us) to get a shot at some of these "discontinued" items, instead of dumping them all on Ubid, so we have to deal with all their "crap"?

How about a "members only sale" limited to one item of each product per customer (of course exception would have to be made for Horned Ed).

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

I agree Tman! I bid on a pair of original "signature edition" Hersey's(80) in a city south of me 2hrs drive.

The last bid I had I placed was $650 (cdn) + 50 for gas to drive from Edmonton to Calgary Alberta was $700+(in my own home Province....sorrrryyyyy....bite me, and 2 days to boot yet!)

I have a new pair at 1K....ok ebay.....

actually my brother just got a set of Khorns and I was going to bid for him after I quit but they sold for a "good" buck......

Regardless of the shipping/handling charges,the prices are still low.The KLF-10's for instance have been selling around $450 a pair delivered.Great price.Try your local dealer.Much higher price with no shipping/handling.Take your pic.

If people wouldn't buy from JOEBLOW,he'd soon have more speakers than he could eat,and would quit buying. Same goes for U-Bid with their Reserve Prices.Don't bid on them.They too will soon have the sell/eat option.

Klipsch recently gave me a shot at an Acurus 125X5 amp.I bought it on U-Bid for $702 delivered.Seven years ago I paid more that that for an Acurus 100X3.

Thanks Klipsch.

Keith

T-MAN,

So what if Ubid is making some money off of shipping.. If you are getting the klipsch item (whatever it is) for 100.00+ less than a dealer, whats the problem??? I do not have a problem with ubid as you will find other people hear don't either its a great chance to get some very good quality klipsch at a great price. Screw the retailer that makes the profit, its the consumers responsibility to do the math!!!!

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: WHITE QUINTETS

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

FOR SALE PINANNCLE WIDESCREEN CTR (105.00)

I, too, am glad to be able to buy the Acurus (Klipsch) stuff on uBid for *considerably* less than other sites (even counting their shipping). But, they've still not shipped an amp I "won" 11 days ago. They're apparently having some kind of trouble with a system upgrade and some orders get stalled - worse, they can't tell me when it will finally ship.

Save money, but don't hold your breath...

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Ross,I am hoping the deal works out for you.I noticed your bid and yes it was a good buy.I'm sure the amp will be worth the wait.Let us all know how you like it.

Boy,I sure would like to have one of those 200X5's! Biggrin.gif

Keith