Just got the new promedia v2 400's they're awsome!!!!

smokejag

First of all, the CP-1 is not obsolete, the new 4.1's are going to use it. Second, the effects of the changed crossovers are minimal, and only the pickiest people have/will notice a difference. There's nothing obsolete about the V.2-400's. I bet you could still order them w/free overnight at outpost.

As to how the CP-1 sounds, I think it's supposed to be quieter (less hiss) then the previous 2 preamps, but reports from people on this site have been mixed.

ya.. the v.2-400 will never be obselete because they will still be Pros 5 years from now - able to blast the shorts off ya and give you good audio experience. As for the CP-1, try here for 1 review by Sputnik: "Note that this is my opinion only...any other opinions are the sole property of their respective opinionators. biggrin.gif"

Yea i am just cranky cuz i been waiting for 4 months without any speakers....really grumpy now....saved up and everythng...but no speakers, no siree, they got to bring out another updated version of the speakers...any way what i meant to say was WHY BUY THEM NOW?? with all the talk of the new ones coming out by the end of this month, most probably, why??? why? why?