Chicago Horn Club Meeting

TBrennan

I'm having a meeting on Sunday, April 10. Klipschites are invited. Hear my "new" 1961 Altecs, Fostexes, maybe my Altec 605s and Boleros. Also the mighty KRK ST-6s. Jolida amp, also Teac, SI and gain-clone chip-amps. And whatever wierd stuff Kurt Chang brings.

Videoites can see the new Sony 975 upscaling DVD player at work on new 55" Sony LCDRP.

You must RSVP as I always put out a good spread and I need to know how many are coming. PM me or Irishtom29@hotmail.com

Craig. We should share a ride to one of these some time. I could be standing at the side of I-69 as you head toward Chicago; we could then collect Audio Flynn as we left Metro-Detroit.

I'd go to this one, but I'll be in Honolulu chaperoning a high school band trip. It's dirty work, but someone's got to do it.

Wait!! Sunday April 10 you say. I'll have returned from getting leighed by then.

Craig, would you be interested in sharing a ride? I could drive. Do you go and return the same day?

Send me a PM if you want to discuss a ride share.

I was kidding. Tom and I don't get along all that well. I'd probably end up in jail LOL !! Besides April 9th and 10th is the AKfest in southfield, MI. which I'm a vendor at your welcome to come there for some great tubes and gear to look over. Just go to www.audiokarma.org and join the forum. There is a banner at the top of the page that say AKfest 2005 with all the information.

Craig

----------------

On 3/22/2005 10:35:59 AM NOSValves wrote:

I was kidding. Tom and I don't get along all that ell. Craig

----------------

You two could always kiss and make up. You could sit back, snuggle in the romantic glow of tubes as he tells stories about the battle of Gettysburg.

I met Tom at smilin's house in January 04. He's a real nice guy in person.

Wish I was closer to Chitown. That Manny's spread sounds very tempting. 9.gif But I have a conflict anyway. I'll be at the Long Beach Grand Prix, and then in San Diego to see Joe Satriani that night.

Thanks for the invite Tom. I'll make every effort to attend. I guess I should bring a jar?

BTW, for those out there. Tom lives about two miles from me. A quick trip on the CTA.

Am I recalling correctly that we'll be listening to a Heathkit?

Best,

Gil

Gil----I hope you come, we'll start noonish.

Heathkit AS-21 speakers, basically Altec monitors in Heath supplied furniture cabinets. Heath made many speaker kits; Altecs, JBLs and ARs among others. The builder would build the networks and install the drivers in the cabinet. Mine are from 1961 and couldn't be in better shape.

post-6913-13819263535816_thumb.jpg