O.T. / So what has made you feel your getting old lately?

mandi

----------------

On 3/28/2005 4:44:49 AM nicholtl wrote:

Cheer up, mates. Age is just a man-made invention that is nothing more than a state of mind. You're only as old as you feel.
----------------

"You're only as old as the woman you feel." -- Groucho Marx

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a local classic car event called "Cruisin the Coast" that covers 3 counties all along the beach on Hwy. 90 on the MS coast. Thousands of muscle and classic cars overtake the local landscape. My boss and I are sitting in Hooters and looking out the windows. Can't say Ive ever done that before. Age really sneaks up on you.

• Moderators

Reminiscing with a friend while marathon-watching TV until 3 am about the time when the 3 or 4 available channels would simply play the national anthem and then snow (or color bars) at midnight, forcing you to actually get some sleep.

My poor, old back is a constant reminder. Our son is now 30. Our daughter is 26. My grandson addresses me "Grandpa", which I truly enjoy. Some of my co-workers do, too, which I truly do not enjoy.9.gif For the last 20 years, my boss has always been much younger than I (that builds character). But, all-n-all, although I will be 54 in October, I still feel I have a very young mind. Being so deeply in volved in technology (computers and theater equipment) I think, helps to keep my mind sharp. I also believe that life begins at 40, because by then, the house is partially paid for, the kids are older, you are perhaps in the midst of a career and you've hopefully gotten all that silly, adolescent crap out of your system by then. Life is good!

m00n: If you don't go to your 20th I guarentee you will regret it! The 20th was my best one!2.gif

Having folks from Church over for Easter dinner - and taking the guys upstairs to play pinball and check out the H/T. One guy had NEVER played a pinball before - even in his twenties. Ouch! Pinballs WERE our source of entertainment back in the day. Needless to say, it hooked him good - but made me realize how old I really was. 6.gif

Chris

Tom,

I work a a small college. One of the profs there said his problem was that he was getting older and the students weren't 15.gif

They didn't dress the same when we were younger either.

Marvel

. . . . when the hot young babes at work say "oh, you must be my father's age" or "ya know, he was really old . . . like you" OUCH

worse yet: getting out of the shower and looking in the mirror.....you used to have to go to the circus to see an image in the mirror like that.

just turned 54 but i am still on the right side of the grass!!

hehe, I teach Highschool and it is really bad when you meet parents of your students and you realize you are much older than the parents. Course, like I said we started having kids later in life. I find that I am usually older than the parents of my highschool students but I have kids in gradeschool.

I turned 26 this year.. Not old but Starting to feel old when I see girls that i think look so good then find out there like 18 years old. Also seeing shows I grew up on like fresh prince, family matters and rosanne on nick at night. When I was younger nick at night on tv had shows like Car54, my 3 sons, lassie and Green acres.

There's nothing like going into a restaurant or fast food joint and having them ask you if you're a "senior". First time it happened, I didn't know whether to lie or cry. Now I don't get insulted. I just take the discount even though I don't qualify yet. Damned grey hair (it's because I have daughters and I consider it a survival badge). I'm only going to be 55 @%#&*^#&%)*%#@ years old in a few weeks.

Also I work part-time at the local Wally World, in the electronics dept. (at least that's what they call it). The younger guys in my dept. (i.e. everyone but me and the other retiree) have no clue about classic rock. Never heard the song "Smoke On The water" much less who recorded it. I'm slowly trying to educate these guys. I do however feel redeemed when someone comes in looking for some of those classics or older songs (quite frequently), and I hear them yell, "Get Lew, he's the music guy!"