Placing sub behind rear ported speakers?

Craig6519

I currently have a huge wall unit that takes up the entire front of my living room besides on the very ends where i have my Klipsch KLF 30, There slightly toed in and that doesn't even leave an inch left in each corner.

So i was wondering if i pulled them out and placed my sub behind one of them obviously i'd pull them both out to the same distance and recalibrate using my spl meter; would that affect how they sound or would the sub make up for any loss and not make it noticeable?

My living room extends into dining room with a huge sideboard against the rear wall so no corners way back there either.

I currently have a SVS 20-39CS and samsom 700 amp on order and everybody reccommends they be placed in the corner that's the reason for my question; If it sounds good an additional SVS will be added later for the other corner.

If this isn't a good idea does anybody have any other idea's how i can get over my (sub) in the corner placement problem?

Thanks

Craig