What Sub?

Wolf

I have RB-35 mains and a RC-35 center. Surrounds are Bose 201's for now. What sub do you think would work well? At the moment I have a house but may well have to reside in an apartment in the future so I am wondering if a RW-8 or RW-10 might still work.

Wolf

I currently live in a apartment with RF-3II's and the RC-35. Three weeks ago I purchased the RW-10, but I felt it did not provide enough punch to my movies, so I took it back and got the RW-12. I couldn't be happier with it. I figured I would save myself a little money in the long roadand go with the 12 in hopes of not needing to upgrade later on. Plus, I feel I got a pretty good deal on the 12 from a authorized dealer. $530 plus tax.

A good sub is more important than surrounds IMO. Others may differ. Modern movies have major amounts of bass (LFE) that can only be handled by a capable subwoofer. Some music has low bass that will make you think that your system is malfunctioning unless you send it to a capable subwoofer.

There isn't that much information in the surrounds. You need both, but the sub gets my vote for being the higher priority.

Bill