Wall mounted Cornwalls don't cut it.

DizRotus

----------------

On 4/9/2005 9:25:22 PM DizRotus wrote:

That little speaker started life as a Bose 501, but then it realized it was a Heresey trapped in a Bose enclosure, and it was surgically altered. It's lived happily ever after.

----------------

LMAO!! (applause, etc.)

----------------

On 4/9/2005 9:26:37 AM ben. wrote:

Are some of us maybe a little too fixated on gender issues?

----------------

Frankly, I could care less...it's the musicianship and the fascinating synthesized sounds that I've been attracted to all these years. The 4 suspended Cornwalls dangling from her ceiling is a bit weird, though...

----------------

On 4/9/2005 11:30:33 PM jt1stcav wrote:

----------------

On 4/9/2005 9:26:37 AM ben. wrote:

Are some of us maybe a little too fixated on gender issues?

----------------

Frankly, I could care less...it's the musicianship and the fascinating synthesized sounds that I've been attracted to all these years. The 4 suspended Cornwalls dangling from her ceiling is a bit weird, though...

----------------

Jim,

That wasn't really aimed at you, per se. The obvious and cheap jokes about a person's private life just strike me as, well... cheap and obvious.

ben.: If that was aimed at my comment about the album wording, you've taken my notation out of context. Actually, I thought it was quite clever of Wendy to do that, given the era in which the album was made. I assure you that I am far too busy with important things to waste my time worrying about someone else's uncertainty over their own gender. I've always thought the album was good, personally. I do not feel there was anything cheap about what I'd said. I'm sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers.

picky,

That's fair enough, and I appreciate the response. I didn't really intend to call anyone in particular out on this, I guess it was just a reaction to all those snickering jokes one encounters too often with these types of issues. Seems to me that she didn't ask for any attention other than on an artistic level, and it's a shame that her notoriety will be forever linked to her gender.

I actually associate her music with A Clockwork Orange, and that may be even more unfair!

Anyway, sorry to put anyone on the defensive, but I thought it only fair to raise a voice in her defense.

No harm done. I agree with her right for privacy. I only brought her up due to her suspended Cornwall arrangement, which was inline to the subject of this thread (about wall mounted Cornwalls). I never made any cracks to her decision to change her sex, but I did add fuel to the fire as it were. For that I am truely sorry.

Wendy, if you ever happen to read this, I apologize wholeheartedly!5.gif