Khorn & Aragon

Coytee

Yes, Aragon is SS. Khorns will sound FABULOUS driven by Aragon.

My take on the whole Heritage and tubes question is that there's nothing wrong at all with SS. The most important question is: "What does the first watt sound like?" Heritage speakers are so efficient and revealing that they will sound harsh if the first watt is crap. They reveal shortcomings in amplifiers that would sound fine with power hungery speakers.

I heard the Aragon gear with Heritage at the 03' Indy "Pilgrimage". They sound fine together IMO, and I use tubes (as well as SS for "everyday" type use).

So, (not going to mention brands)

Is it fair to say that "Brand X" might be of "Y" quality, how ever that quality is defined as it relates to the first watt and it's association with Heritage.

Aragon is better than "y" quality throughout, or at least, in the first watt area, therefore, Aragon will sound better with Khorns than "Brand X"

??

I presume the above to also infer that there are OTHER brands that are NOT Aragon that will ALSO sound just as good as the Aragon. (so this isn't a "Aragon 'vs' the world" viewpoint)

Coytee..

Steve Phillips and myself have Aragon and have used or continue to use them with Heritage.

They sound WONDERFUL!!

I also agree, if you do not like what source material goes in the system, have it amplified, and come out through Klipsch speakers,,,,,, It is going to sound horrible.

Good source material through Aragon and K horns at least in my house... A Home Run!

If you are thinking about getting an Aragon amp and using your Peach as your preamp you are going to have a killer system.

I have not tried it with Khorns (Heresy, Lascala and Cornwalls)but I have had excellent results using a SS amp with a tube pre.

My bedroom system is all SS with Heresy speakers. It is a great sounding system.

Good Luck,

Danny

I just bought an Aragon 8008BB amp and an Aragon Aurum Preamp. I am using them with a pair of LaScalas. I have to say, that for the past 18yrs. I never thought my LaScalas could sound soooo good. I am now hearing things that I never heard before. I never heard tubes before, but I can say that you can't go wrong with Aragon gear with Heritage.

----------------

On 4/5/2005 6:33:01 PM Coytee wrote:

So, (not going to mention brands)

Is it fair to say that "Brand X" might be of "Y" quality, how ever that quality is defined as it relates to the first watt and it's association with Heritage.

Aragon is better than "y" quality throughout, or at least, in the first watt area, therefore, Aragon will sound better with Khorns than "Brand X"

??

I presume the above to also infer that there are OTHER brands that are NOT Aragon that will ALSO sound just as good as the Aragon. (so this isn't a "Aragon 'vs' the world" viewpoint)

----------------

Um you kind of started towards nowhere and got there quickly .....huh?!?

I have auditioned K-Horns with Aragon a couple of times, and found the amp to be very revealing, but slightly "warm" sounding.

If I were to feed a fully horn loaded Klipsch with a SS amp, I would probably opt for a McCormack DNA 0.5, Revision A or B. The McCormack units, to my ears, take away another layer of warmth to reveal a more vibrant, alive sound.

Obviously, not actually living with an Aragon colors my opinion, but that's what opinions are like.

You can do considerably better than the newer Aragon amps, the build quality leaves alot to be desired. Probably for less money too! If you want to go Aragon choose one of the older models, IMO the build quality is superior.

The one that the previous poster mentions is a good solid unit if it is the amp that I am thiking about.

A 45lb 200W X 7 amp something doesn't seem right with that.

Aragon makes some nice equipment IMHO. I have spent many years with an aragon 4004mkII. But to make a long story short my old Marantz 2325 does so much better on a pair of horns than my aragon can do. Less brittle highs, a heck of alot fuller midrange and a punchier bass. Note i said punchier because its really hard to beat an old aragon in the bass department unless your talking a krell IMHO. Got a new carver zr1600 on order to see if its the real deal or hoopla.

But anyways alot of nice equipment to choose from and thats what makes it all so much fun.

Good luck.