Midwest Klipsters

NOSValves

Just thought I would let you all know that I'll be setup at the Audio Karma Fest 2005 all weekend in Southfield, Michigan if you want to drop in the say Hi! http://audiokarma.org/ak2005/ Its suppose to be for AK forum members only but if you tell them your a friend of mine they will let you in no problem. I'll have 4 systems setup there one all vintage with a Scott 299C and 3 different VRD/Blueberry/Peach combo's with various speakers ....... Klipsch, Altec's, JBL and what ever anyone happens to show up with.

Craig

----------------

On 4/8/2005 2:42:05 PM NOSValves wrote:

Sure if I'm not hospitalized after taking this truck load of gear up to the 12th floor. Craig

----------------

Craig,

A suggestion, go to you home store and buy what's called a funiture mover. It is basically a square (4 pieces of wood) with wheels on the bottom. You just set your stuff on top of it and it makes moving stuff a breeze........Good Luck with the show!

Best 17.00 bucks I ever spent.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/10/2005 6:04:50 PM mdeneen wrote:

How come Craig doesn't have a report up here yet? And pictures? What's up with that guy?

mdeneen

----------------

He is probably humping all his gear down to the lobby from the 12th floor .I payed Graig (NOS Valves) a visit Saturday at the fest, he had a nice set up going on ...I will let Graig give you all the full report... regards Tony C

Well yes there was some 12oz curl action going on this weekend LOL !! But not nearly as much as at the Klipsch Pilgrimage

I just finished unloading the gear. Sorry but everyone will have to be patient. I'll post pictures tomorrow I'm just to tired and burned out. Until then drop by these two threads on AK.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36402

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36345

Craig

Here a few shots. I'm Horrible at taking pictures. There were many people from the AK crowd that took much better photo's then I did.

This was my main room Saturday with Dave's from AK's custom Altec A7's they sounded great if you were in the chair or near it at reasonable levels. The room would just go nuts at higher levels the problem with this was you were in the great sounding area when you adjusted the level so ............. you had to drag people into the room and sit them down. Then they didn't want to leave! We kept getting comments like wow now this is a open sounding system.

AK1.jpg

AK2.jpg

This was room two all weekend. Kegger and AudioFlynn tweaked this room to perfection this was a very impressive sounding setup using VRD's, Peach, various sources and Klipsch RB 3.5 with a sub that I have no clue what brand.

AK3.jpg

Room #3 was the budget system I have less then $1600 invested and I'm talking if I paid myself to rebuild the amplifier. This room sounded gorgeous with anything you played many people walked out shacking there head in disbelief also people swore the sub was playing when it was OFF almost the entire weekend when it was added most preferred it with out it. But a KSW-15 isn't a great match for the quick Heresy. Also people time and again said they heard no real bass deficiency with the Heresy playing solo!

Scott 299C, Heresy, Dual TT, Phillips 963SA player, Klipsch KSW15 sub, 16 gage patch cord and $13 IC's

AK43.jpg

AK5.jpg

Mike William's system (tuner technician that I use for alignment and FM repair) His system sounded spectacular not exactly my preference but still absolute proof that there are many ways to audio nirvana.

AK6.jpg

This is my main room day two! What a complete contrast. These Tannoy System 15 DMT II are almost completely immune to room deficiencies they sound great at any level. I wound them up tight at the end of the day just before tear down and it was absolutely smooth and clean. Again not my absolute cup of tea but I could easily live them and never look back.

AK7.jpg

This was Classic Audio's room which easily win's the highest price room award. It took me some considerable time to get the total street cost of the setup out of him2.gif 100K LOL !! Like the A7's in my room on day one there were just to much speaker for the room even though he has almost 100% of the walls covered with Quilt's to try and tame the reflection's you just could not stand in the entry way you had to get right up in the sweet spot to enjoy there abilities. I'd take Khorn without a second thought over these speakers from the experience at this event. But in rooms like this you just can not make any reasonable judgments with any of the large speakers.

AK8.jpg

Not sure what these are or sound like but they sure look great !

AK9.jpg

7K CD player but I never got a chance listened to it

AK10.jpg

This room is Dave's (Grumpy AK administrator and yes the handle is fitting 2.gif) he has some Audio Note AN-J speakers that I really like! Mark and I loaned him the use of VRD's and a Blueberry! Which really sounded great IMHO.

AK11.jpg

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/AK9.jpg'>AK12.jpg

AK13.jpg

Blueberry with the new dove tail Walnut case. The TT is the Sato Saphire that I would love to talk Dave out of it just looks great and matches my custom chassis of my own personal VRD's pretty good.

AK14.jpg

I have more pictures but they all turned out to dark or blurry like I said my photo taking abilities a pretty bad.