Midrange on Chorus II

J M O N

JMON,

I suppose you have tested the driver to make sure it is bad and not just a faulty connection somewhere. If the driver is bad, a new diaphragm will get you back up and running. You can buy one from me, or from Klispch.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net

----------------

On 4/8/2005 7:13:32 PM Number 9 wrote:

Bob. Are the ones you sell any different to the ones McIntosh sells?

----------------

I think you mean Klipsch instead of McIntosh, but anyway mine are the same as Klipsch sells.

Bob

Doh!! Yes, Klipsch not McIntosh. I had McIntosh on my brain at the moment.

16.gif

Bob. Perhaps you know. Leok once made a posting here where he thought that the midrange driver on the Chrorus II may have changed at some point. Same model number, but something about it sounding different when he compared two generations of the Chorus II ... he actually preferred the newer version.

Do you know if the source or materials used in the diaphram may have changed over the 1989 to 1995 period?

----------------

On 4/8/2005 9:09:31 PM Number 9 wrote:

Doh!! Yes, Klipsch not McIntosh. I had McIntosh on my brain at the moment.

16.gif

Bob. Perhaps you know. Leok once made a posting here where he thought that the midrange driver on the Chrorus II may have changed at some point. Same model number, but something about it sounding different when he compared two generations of the Chorus II ... he actually preferred the newer version.

Do you know if the source or materials used in the diaphram may have changed over the 1989 to 1995 period?

----------------

Have owned every year of chorus II's and the midrange drivers were all the same.

Bob:

Thanks for the reply. I have not yet tested the driver. It seems to distort only on certain songs when playing certain frequencies -- that's why I assumed it was the driver. I'll check it out further and then get back to you if I do need a new diaphragm.