Cornwall Squawker

Mitch, there are two corn horns only on ebay right now. Looks like thread mounts, so you could get both, possibly trade or sell the other to pay for the K55 that you want. Then sell the K700 units to someone wanting to build up a custom Heresy center and you shouldn't be out much money.

Don't worry about the ebay 600's being the metal ones, the rope caulk mod works great, I did it on one of my LSI's and the result was fantastic!

Michael

but wasn't all this Mr. Science talk fun?

----------------

On 4/11/2005 6:11:44 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Mitch, there are two corn horns only on ebay right now. Looks like thread mounts, so you could get both, possibly trade or sell the other to pay for the K55 that you want. Then sell the K700 units to someone wanting to build up a custom Heresy center and you shouldn't be out much money.

Don't worry about the ebay 600's being the metal ones, the rope caulk mod works great, I did it on one of my LSI's and the result was fantastic!

Michael

but wasn't all this Mr. Science talk fun?

----------------

The Mr.Science stuff was very interesting...lots of contributors jumping through hoops to determine volume displacement measurements. What's admirable is that this must be worthy of consideration for many to attempt to get accurate measurements. The tonal characteristics of the CW are already unique, and mucking w/ that is nearly a mortal sin for me. Ergo the attempt to get the right replacement equipment in it.

I'm already all over the correct K55/600s on eBay. I'm currently the high bidder, but there may be some other dude/dudette in need of the same, so no chickens being counted here...just elevated anticipation.6.gif4.gif

thanks for the help and replies. mitch

Mitch, at this point, you only need one 600 Horn, right?

Might I get in line to purchase the two K55 drivers if you win? (I won't bid against you good buddy). Too many of my speakers have other than those driviers and I'd like to correct that.

I would suggest you use EZSnipe, they will give you the first three snipes for FREE! IT's easy to sign up, just make sure your name and password exactly match those you're using on ebay. They'll put your last second bid in automatically for you, so you don't have to sit by the computer and stress out.

Michael

----------------

On 4/12/2005 10:58:50 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Mitch, at this point, you only need one 600 Horn, right?

Might I get in line to purchase the two K55 drivers if you win? (I won't bid against you good buddy). Too many of my speakers have other than those driviers and I'd like to correct that.

I would suggest you use EZSnipe, they will give you the first three snipes for FREE! IT's easy to sign up, just make sure your name and password exactly match those you're using on ebay. They'll put your last second bid in automatically for you, so you don't have to sit by the computer and stress out.

Michael

----------------

Michael,

No problem at all on the drivers. You're first in line, and yes...I just need the K600 flute (1). I'll be watching that auction carefully when it ends. I might take your advice and do the EZSnipe bit.

How many K55s do you need. Since this is a pair, I can let at least one complete set (driver and horn), and another K55 driver go. Keep me advised.

Mitch

You may have been told this before, go to google type in what you need. Watch the date date, some are long gone, be patient go through about 8 pages before giving up.

It pulls up a lot of different sites.

Then try Dogpile - not as many, but you may hit one.

If you find two at a good price, share with Michael

While $300 may seem like alot for a pair of K-600's and K-55V's just keep in mind there rarity and the fact that a single K-55V driver new would cost you over $300 alone. The diaphram alone is close to $70, so at $300 for a pair of horns and drivers is a real bargain.

Mitch.... I am looking at rebuilding the other corn cabinet ( the brother of the one I sent you) for a center, so if you get to a point where you are bidding on a pair of mid horns, I will split it with you.

I have the K-55 driver from my current center, but I would like to rebuild the single Heresy I pulled it from.

"Mitch.... I am looking at rebuilding the other corn cabinet ( the brother of the one I sent you) for a center, so if you get to a point where you are bidding on a pair of mid horns, I will split it with you. " CycloneCJ

Mitch- there's your best bet, another Forum member who needs the other half of the pair. If you end up with one extra K55, surely someone here will take it off your hands. So email Cyclone, figure out how much you guys are willing to pay, and ONE OF YOU take the responsibility to track em down. Might take a while, but there's been about a set a month lately. Might be horns only, in which case you can prob get a refurb driver from BEC. But set your price and stick to it.

Good shopping!

Michael

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all. this is settled. Budman found me the flute I needed (single). I already had the K55V. I have everything (including the veneer) to complete my 3rd Cornwall project. As soon as some consensus is reached (Titebond II vs. Contact cement), I'm planning to veneer this baby and re-assemble it.

I know it's been awhile since I began this project, but I found that I had too many chainsaws in the air. I'm close to getting this back ON again. Will post pix.

Thanks to all (Colter, Cyclone, Dodger, Budman, etc.)

Mitch