Fortes compared?

fisherman

----------------

On 4/16/2005 10:12:03 PM chuckears wrote:

----------------

On 4/16/2005 8:30:00 AM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

the 12" forte driver gives up nothing ....

i actually prefer my F2's to my Chorus 2's

----------------

Just curious... what about the Forte2's do you like better than the Chorus2's?

- I'm not disagreeing; in fact I am another Forte evangelist (originals)... I have just heard comments by Forum members about how they think the Chorus stacks up well to the Cornwall in listening tests.

For myself, I love the natural, uncolored sound of my Fortes, but this is admittedly biased.

----------------

Maybe the room is a little too small for the chorus 2's to really breathe.

My Fortes are a long term keeper. In my 12 x 13 room (ya real small) the soundstage is wider than wall to wall with no blank spaces in the middle. My speakers are toed in at about 40 deg, and about 12" from the corner. My listening position is about 8 feet back due to furniture layout. I know this is not per the conventional layout, but the sound is awesome!

I did as much rearranging as room/furniture allowed. I'm now about 11'-12' between speakers and approximately the same to listening position. Toed in about 30 degrees or so. I agree, this arrangement gives great sound. The only weak spot in the entire setup is my high freq hearing loss, but I'm taking care of that as we speak. Just ordered some hearing aids and am looking forward to what they can do for me. I think I'll start a new thread re h/a. I know there must be others out there with the same problem.

----------------

On 4/16/2005 10:38:31 PM stormin wrote:

----------------

On 4/16/2005 10:12:03 PM chuckears wrote:

----------------

On 4/16/2005 8:30:00 AM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

the 12" forte driver gives up nothing ....

i actually prefer my F2's to my Chorus 2's

----------------

Just curious... what about the Forte2's do you like better than the Chorus2's?

- I'm not disagreeing; in fact I am another Forte evangelist (originals)... I have just heard comments by Forum members about how they think the Chorus stacks up well to the Cornwall in listening tests.

For myself, I love the natural, uncolored sound of my Fortes, but this is admittedly biased.

----------------

Maybe the room is a little too small for the chorus 2's to really breathe.

----------------

The ChorusII really need about a city block to breathe, ask my local Uijongbu branch of the Korean National Police!6.gif