What are you listening to?

charlieboy

Dave Brubeck's "Time Out" (on vinyl of course). Sounds much better then the SACD IMO (which sounds very good also). Everything just sounds more realistic. Always sounds better when you haven't heard it in a while and its been a few months.

DIRTY TRICKS - Debut (1975) - Vinyl - UK - Polydor

(This stereo record can be played on mono reproducers provided either a compatible or stereo cartridge wired for mono is fitted.)

I am one of about 9 people that ever heard of this band, a british fuzzy guitared Hendrix/Trower mix of bluesy hard rock.

It's been out on CD since last year, but i am still waiting for this last one of three to show up in my mail. Check out "Night Man" and "Hit & Run".

You should check out either disc by Jon Cleary, and Lochloosa by Mofro. Not exactly like DTB, but good southern bluesy music....

Another I like a lot is Solar Igniter by Modereko with guest Keller Williams, who is pretty darn good on his solo stuff as well....

Art Pepper + 11.

LP came in the mail today. These Contemporary reissues continue to amaze me. Absolutely crystal clear with amazing soundstage and depth. Best part is they're incredibly inexpensive (about $15 on Ebay). Originally recorded in 1959. This copy was reissued in 1988. Looks and sounds like its never been played.10.gif

----------------

On 4/30/2005 5:39:30 PM McKlipsch wrote:

Roy Buchanan "Your Not Alone". K-horns 5' out from the corners and covered with blankets. Painting my rec room. They still sound great.

----------------

Good choice,I've seen a few good choices listed as a matter of fact.

I'm listening to Led Zeppelin "How the West was Won" dvd-audio verson.