Is it worth the wait for the 4.1's

Birdieboy Ski

LOL.. that's a good one Janko.

Ya.. it's true. I have been wanting a set for over a year now. Ya.. was about the fall of '99 when I came across the Klipsch website after searching the web for speakers. 400W.. WOW.. I had to get me a set So I went around for the past year or so telling all my friends about them.. by now they must think I will never get them.

I actually had them ordered before Xmas but cancelled cause I didnt want to bother with transporting them home and back and the order got a little messed up

It was for the best tho, cause I decided to wait for the new set to come out.

Yep.. I been through it all on this BB.. the lowgain preamp, ducttape, cats flying, overclocking the pros, the 2.1, CP-1 and now 4.1 - and all without even owning a pair.

I'd like to see the look on my friend's faces when I actually get a set in a little bit when the 41 comes out Muhahha

So.. as you see.. waiting is no biggie for me. been listening to 2 channel sound from a AWE64V for 3years now out of ACS295.. I can wait a little longer for better 4pt bliss.

You won't be dissappointed with the v.2-400, but you will probably wish you had a CP-1, so just wait - won't be long now so hang in there

• 1 month later...

Man I hope it's worth the wait but Im not as patient as Paragon.

The CP-1 was what definately puhed me over the edge to order, the addition of a headphone jack was very important as I have to let my wife and daughter sleep eventually and the fact you no longer have to leave the speakers powered constantly along with the option to plug alternate sources directly to the pod make it a more complete package.

Klipsch Thumping Nirvana Here I Come!!!!

I've had my pro's for one year now. I remember posting five to ten times a day while waiting for mine to arrive. They are still everything I paid for and more. My system is still the best in the dorm, and everyone can hear my music. Hehehe. We don't need no stinking quiet time! I have a Live Drive, so I've been able to have the luxury of a headphone jack and aux jack, but I'm thinking of upgrading my pre-amp. They are well worth the wait, and then some!

------------------

You must learn the ways of the Promedia's, young grasshopper!

I have my 4.1's in a dorm, and on either side of me are better systems...LOL On one side is a full dolby digital Acoustic Research 5.1 system ($1200+) and on the other side is a steroephile freak...let me tell you about him. He has TWO subs...each with their own amplifier. His big sub is HOMEBUILT from two 12 inch RADIO SHACK subwoofers. Before you laugh, and trust me, you wouldn't if you heard them... he has them set up in a Isoberic design, with a homebuilt box. The sub can LITERALLY shake your brains loose from anywhere in the hall. You can be sitting on the crapper and this sub will force the little guys out of you LOL. His speakers are Infinity, and he is using an Acoustic Edge sound card for Virtual 5.1. He is an administrator on a popular website bulletin board...here is a post he made.

"I'm thinking 2 pairs of Infinity Interlude IL40's ($1k for each pair). A matched center channel IL36 ($500) and Onkyo TX-DS787 reciver ($1k) to drive this setup. For subs 2 10" Infinity Perfect 10.1 (car subs about $250 for each cone) and a 1000W QSC PLX1602 amp ($800) to drive them.

Yeah it'll be expensive (about $5k), but I figure I should be able to rival a movie theatre for both volume and clarity of sound. I also won't have to upgrade any time soon after that purchase."

Yes, he's a freak, but he knows his stuff. =)

Anyways, this is just to say that my 4.1's are GREAT for me, but child's play to people with real cash. =)

Ken