RB-75 vs. RF-35 for rear surround

capo72

I'm piecing together my system and was planning on using Rb-75's in the rear, flush mounted in the wall. After doing some more looking and thinking (dangerous, I know) RF-35's are cheaper and seem like a whole lot more speaker for the money.

My problem is I really want the rears flush mounted in the wall because it will be a traffic area. The RB-75's will work great because of the front port. What are the RF-35's gonna sound like with the rear port firing into a different room (sealed off from HT area) if they are flush mounted? Will it be bad? I have no experience with either speaker, that's why i'm asking for opinions on this matter (and many others to come). Thanx for your time,

Jeremy

A better alternative would be to look into some of the Klipsch in-wall units. I can't imagine an RB-35 flush mounted would sound right. You would loose a lot of the bass, not to mention what would happen to the rear sound wave coming out of the port.

I agree...

If your fronts are RF-7s or RB-75s, then by all means use RB-75s for your surrounds.

The back fire of a ported speaker into the wall or cabinet will dramatically change the sound unless your not going to play them very loud at all.. (We also know this is impossible too..lol with Klipsch!)

The 75's will be a one time little more $$$, But a Lifetime of great feelings you did it right! By all means, go for it! The 35's will not keep up at all.