Matching surrounds for KLF-20's and KLF-C7

vman71

I'd like to find a pair of matching surrounds for my KLF20's and KLF-C7. I know that the suggested matching surrounds are the KSP-S6. However, I can't find any used KSP-S6's for sale. I know that they have been out of production for a while now so that makes my effort even harder. I wouldn't mind buying a pair of KLF-10's but I'd rather stay with something a little smaller. This is to complete my 5.1 set-up of:

Center: KLF-C7

Front L/R: KLF-20's

Sub: RSW-15

Thanks!

Yeah, I wanted the KSP-S6 as well to match with my KLF-20's. Couldn't ever find any. Ended up getting a good deal on Ebay on some used RS-3's. Sound great to me, but that's just my opionion. Others here will say to get another pair of 20's for the rear. Not a bad idea if you have the room and bucks I guess. Good luck!

i use RS-3's with my KLF-30's and KLF-C7 and it really sounds great......

surprisingly - it even sounds great on multichannel SACD's.... i think part of it is due to the fact that my pioneer elite 55txi has a great auto setup/level/delay/equalization program to help match all the speakers

1.gif

I could easily live with KLF-10's as my rears. If I put another pair of 20's in the room (or God help me 30's), the rest of the household is going to be unhappy.

How do KLF-C7's sound as rears? Is anybody currently using a pair of C7's as rears? If so, what do you think? I wonder what Klipsch tech support would tell you?

Mike

Vman,

See my sig. It depends on the size of your room and it's configuration, but I found in my 15 x 26 HT room, the C7's are quite good for surround duty. I could not really hear any difference between them and the KLF-30's I had in the room before. IMO, the larger the speaker the more room it needs to "breathe".

Just my two cents...

----------------

On 4/30/2005 12:51:15 PM vman71 wrote:

I'd like to find a pair of matching surrounds for my KLF20's and KLF-C7. ....

----------------

IMHO, don't underestimate having timbre matched speakers!

I'm sure you're system would sound really good with many of the speakers mentioned. However, from my experience, you'll eventually start to notice the bright or dull spots in the sound stage.

I see S6's on eBay every now and then. They are close in price to the 20's... (for good reason, too - they are worth it!). The 10's go for a lot less. If you are willing to shell out the $$ for the S6's, and you have some space in the back of your room, I would step up to the 20's.

In regards to the 10's or 20's vs. the S6's (in regards to performance), I use both... I have a pair of 10's and S6's on a speaker switch so I can switch between them as surrounds. I like each for different reasons. My surrounds & seating are all tight against the back of my listening area. The S6's do a great job of filling the entire room with surround sounds. The 10's work great for more localized sound effects (better for newer movies).

For example: Playing Dianna Krall on the S6's, I feel like I'm in the middle of the audience when I experience the applause. The 10's make me feel like I'm sitting on the edge of the stage 3.gif

Either way, you can't go wrong - as long as you keep your timbre matched!

• 12 years later...