Good Deal on a new RC7 and a Pair of RF7?

pythagore

----------------

On 4/30/2005 6:49:12 PM pythagore wrote:

Hi Guys,

$2150 US shipped to Canada for a brand new RC7 and a pair of RF7 a good deal?

Thanks,

----------------

That is an excellent deal. Considering that the RF-7s themselves retail for around $2,000 a pair.

----------------

On 4/30/2005 6:49:12 PM pythagore wrote:

Hi Guys,

$2150 US shipped to Canada for a brand new RC7 and a pair of RF7 a good deal?

Thanks,

Just curious....where did you find this deal? I'll be looking for R-F7s in the near future.

----------------

If you bought them from acoustic sound design out of Las Vegas, then you'll not be getting a factory warranty. I bought Some R-5800-W, wall speakers from them. It was a good price, and the speakers appear to be new, and they sound great. But the boxes were opened and no serial #'s were present anywhere. They had been removed from the boxes, magnets, and info packet. I wanted to try a lower priced pair from them before I spent big money. Glad I did, because I won't be buying my RF-7's and RC-7 from them. Good luck with your purchase, I hope everything turns out well.

PS I may buy some more wall speakers from them, for the kitchen 9.gif

Jeremy

Thanks all for your replies. I should receive them in 10 days. Now, I need more power.

My system will be as follows:

Front:RF7

Center:RC7

Surrounds:RF35

Surrounds Back:RB5

SUB: RW12

I love HK, I'll probaly buy the HK AVR7300, the only thing is, This reciever has ton of video features that I don't care about.

My current receiver is an HK AVR525. am I better off buying an amp and use the avr525 as pre/pro, or buy the AVR7300 or the Marantz SR8500?

Thanks,

----------------

On 5/2/2005 6:25:35 PM pythagore wrote:

GeorgeV, 3600CAD is not a bad deal. Audiotronic.ca wanted to charge me 3999+15%Taxes for the same package.

----------------

Yes, Audio Empire has very competitive prices and their an authorized Klipsch dealer so all speakers come with the full warranty. If you live close to the Toronto area it would worth a drive to check out the store.

For a quality A\V Receiver, check out the Marantz SR8400, it's a swet piece. There's post on the HT forum with a place and good prices on it, just be careful of the net(ebay)while investing good money..10.gif

Just remember, any A\V Receiver can reproduce a soundfield, dts, dolby, neo6, etc(quality is the question)....signals that are read from the dvd and processed through the A\V Receiver....now if music is a big part of your listening enviornment, give Marantz a try. They cover the whole sound soundstage properly, whether listening to lp's, tape, etc...the highs,mids and lows, and clean IMHO....10.gif

Denon would be my 2nd choice...2.gif

PS. I own the Marantz SR18EX A\V Receiver with Khorns, Hersey II's, KLF-C7, and a Velodyne FSR-18 Subwoofer...Marantz is great quality.... 2.gif