Bose 901 vs Klipschorn

Parrot

According to Bose, the only thing better than their 901 model is LIVE.

Here's a Stereophile review from 1971:

http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeakerreviews/425/

And a good overview of Bose criticism, that also discusses the significance of the Stereophile review:

http://www.epinions.com/content_4143423620

I know I'm going to get attacked for offending the Bose fans here, but I still think, IMHO, that the Klipschorn is superior to the 901. As always, YMMV.

• Haha 1

Damn parrot you got some cahoonas but I will prolly have to side with you, but I will go as far as saying the Hesesy's sound better than the 901's I will try to help you deflect the bullets from the Bose folks.

Happy Listening, Patrick

I have a lot of respect for the 901. It's probably the best design the Bose has come up with. (Another design I quite like - I am not talking about value for money here - is the Lifestyle 35. For what it is, the '35 sounds okay). But, there is no way anyone can argue that the 901 is better than the Klipschorn. I have spent a lot of time with both designs. One of the hi-fi stores I used to work in some years ago, had a 901 set up as a demonstration system. The 901 is lightyears behind the Klipschorn as far as reproducing the 'live event' goes.

Not having read either article (I don't think I have anyway, but i have read so many in the past...), if Stereophile is maintaining the Bose 901 is better hen the KHorn, I think it says more about the 'head up their rear' esoteric 'audiophile' magazines then about the speakers themselves!

Now the question becomes less of what the review says and more about why you are reading the rag?2.gif9.gif At least the Enquirer has pictures of aliens!

Someone pointed out (tillmbill?) in another thread that the Klipschorn was about 5 times the cost of the 901 retail, and rightly so that they should sound better.

I had 901's (still do, actually) for 5 years before getting my 1st pair of Cornwalls. The 901's have been silent and in the basement since Klipsch came into the house.

They are good speakers, but against the Khorn?

ha!

Forrest

p.s. any of you Bose supporters want a good deal on a pair of 901 series VI?

But those exotic 3 inch drivers are EXPENSIVE!

Now if we can just load that Jubilee with one of those Bose drivers, we have addressed the low end... and the midrange......and the high frequencies!

Wella! A one-way system! Sorry ALK and DEANG, etc., I guess they won't need a crossover at all!

2.gif9.gif11.gif

Put that thing away. How many times do we have to tell you?!

A conversation about speakers comes along and ZOOP, there it is, over and over again.

Also, it's not a horn. It's a DUCTED PORT tuned to a specific frequency.

Sheesh.

I hate to sign this, but

DM2.gif

Nah,

I got my first run Bose 901's from my Uncle who served over in Germany in the 70's. They look great, have original surrounds, but sound like crap. If you want to play the music loud they can sound alright.

My collection of Klipsch all sound better. Thye might come closer with the KG series.

Nah,

I got my first run Bose 901's from my Uncle who served over in Germany in the 70's. They look great, have original surrounds, but sound like crap. If you want to play the music loud they can sound alright.

My collection of Klipsch all sound better. Thye might come closer with the KG series.

Nah,

Nah,

Nah,

Nah,

Nah,