El Pollo Loco vs. Kentucky Fried Chicken

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Popeye's spicy fried chicken is the best...hands down.

El Pollo Loco's chicken is better than KFC and where else can you get a churro? YUM!

But I do like KFC better with respect to side dishes. Their gravy kicks ***, as do their biscuits and you gotta' love that cole slaw.

KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- are the global leaders of the chicken, quick-service seafood, pizza and Mexican-style food categories respectively. A&W Restaurants is the longest running quick-service franchise chain in America, http://www.yum.com/ ,now lets look at their chart http://www.pring.com/weeklykst.htm?edtSymbol=yum&B1=Submit ,it looks like all of you, are in a long term uptrend ,of stuffing your face with fast food, an intermediate down cycle durning july 4 ,because of drunkiness, an a short term pulsing, because of lack of money ,at the end of the month

I'm with you, Greg. The only fast food I can stomach anymore is Mighty Taco (regional chain) and Wendy's. The rest of it is like a greased bullet train in me.

KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut are all owned by Pepsi, BTW. We have stores around here with all three.

Hey Allan, I love Pollo Loco. That's darn good pollo asado. As a matter of fact, I'm visiting the folks here in Laredo,......so guess whats for dinner.

As for KFC, the kernal can keep his greasy ole chicken. POLLO LOCO AMIGOS!

In the late '90s I worked on a project in Nuevo Laredo for a couple of years. There was an El Pollo Loco near the plant, so guess what was for lunch almost every day.

The plant had a cafeteria with food service, but none of the project engineers would eat there. About once a month the entire plant (about 600 employees) would get sick from eating in the cafeteria 14.gif

----------------

On 5/5/2005 8:54:05 PM NOSValves wrote:

Ahhh you guy's have no clue! We have Halo Burger, Big John's steak-onion and Angelo's coney Island..... screw the darn chicken who needs it.
----------------

Amen to Halo Burger and another for Angelo's of old!

----------------

On 5/5/2005 7:20:37 PM greg928s4 wrote:

I am a big Wendy's fan too. The Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger has got to be the best deal going. But I can't do any of it anymore. I don't like being as heavy as I am. Gotta loose a few pounds.

Greg
----------------

Greg, if you had any sophistication whatsoever, you'd know that the way to go at Wendy's is the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe. Unless of course, you've fooled yourself into thinking that bacon is a more accurate representation of Dave's original intent. I mean, really, if you like the pork fat all over things, that's fine (reminds me of AM radio), but I believe I read somewhere in the Wendy Reports that Dave recommended at the very least one slice of tomato and iceberg lettuce each. He really did like the onion as well later in life, but didn't include it in the product literature.