We Forgot HornEd's Anniversary/

Bill H.

I forgot his anniversary too, but have never forgot about HornEd.

HornEd's vision for multichannel theater (all monopole - full size identical mains) became the inspiration for my all Cornwall setup. He taught us in HT to THINK BIG!

I miss his contributions to the forum.....truly one of our "hall of fame" posters. I hope all is well with you, HornEd1.gif

Happy Anniversery, HornEd, wherever you are. I can't believe it's been a year already. I, too, miss your input to the forum. Hopefully someday I can find reason or money to get out to your sanctuary and see some of your inspired works.

Hi to the Misses, also. Hopefully marrital bliss is following in every footstep you take.

May I add my heartfelt congrats and best wishes to HornEd and the Mrs. as well. His shared theories on this forum are the standard that my HT aspires to.

I too hope to someday meet in person the man in the Viking helmet! Live long and prosper ED!

• 3 months later...

Wow, what an anniversary present for Kassandra and HornEd... and to think we missed it until today. Fortunately, Kassandra was in the room when I stumbled across the thread... like a five year old encountering his first Liberty ship hawser. Hmm, I actually have a WWII memory like that!

For whatever its worth, all of you have brought joy to our hearts this day... thanks to Benton reviving the thread from obscurity.

As you may know, Kassandra's five diamond anniversary ring to mark our first night together was delivered in a somewhat uncanny way. I bought a hand carved four foot tall Nutcracker. When Kassandra drove up in her vintage Mercedes Benz 560SEL (another present... she gave me another pair of Klipschorns and Belles), she saw the Nutcracker and immediately said how much she liked it. I told her it had one peculiarity... that when you opened its mouth, it stuck its tongue out.

She immediately grabbed the lever and looked closely into its mouth... and then began to cry. I had created a tongue of rolled red paper... and put the five diamond ring upon the tongue.

Two days later, she presented me with a five diamond ring. At our wedding, we exchanged carved suns on a gold necklace instead of rings. So the rings were a surprise for both of us.

For her birthday this past July 27th, I gave her a red plastic see-thru box with a big bow on it. Inside was a present that she guessed was a belt to be used when lifting something heavy... like some of my speakers. But, no, it was actually a soft sculpture puppet in a soft sculpture garbage can. She tentatively put her hand in the puppet and slowly the lid rose to reveal a cute, soft sculpture raccoon. In the dim light, she caught a sparkle... and then realized that the little raccoon was wearing certified diamond stud earrings.

Yes, my Forum friends, I am still very much in love... and, remarkably, so is she. Interestingly enough, the place most responsible for our falling in love was the round Klipsch Legend Theater... and it continues to be a renewing source of aural joy and profound togetherness.

Yes, Benton, the round room prototype was built and the K-horns and Belles successfully tested. The K-horns and Belles than went back into storage to await their permanent home. The round prototype has been home to an enhanced version of my 6.1+2 Klipsch Legend Theater and still thrills about 40 or so visitors a week.

For HT, there is nothing that creates movie ambience like a 6.1 monopole system in a non-reflective round room. As outlined in another recent Forum thread, the front center and the rear left, right and center KLF-30's have all been modified to provide a larger sweet spot which allows an uncanny orientation where ever you may roam in the room.

As some of you may recall, I do not allow the KLF-30's to go below 85Hz... depending on my custom stacked SVS Ultras to carry the load below 85Hz. This allows great low sounds that don't bump heads, null or double up... and a faster, cleaner, deeper mid-range... which even held true when the K-horns were in the six discrete slots and the Belles in the front effects positions!

I have been very busy building "Little Village" (a group of year 'round cabins in a portion of our forest that overlooks a lake) and expand the resort to 236 acres, more than double its original size. If I find the time, I will build a new Village Theater into a mountainside. I am completely sold on a round building with a conical ceiling as an ideal sound environment. It should be noted that the walls must be porous enough to let waves under 85Hz escape the room.

Obviously, bi-pole and di-pole speakers show their base quality and die without the reflected glory they rely upon to create pseudo-ambience. How is it that some reject the blanket reverb of "hall", "stadium", etc. as being "unreal"... and then accept the sound sprayer effects as being "real"... it boggles my ear pans and doth cloggin' my noggin. -HornEd

HornEd and Kassandra are THE perfect reason why a couple cannot remain in a perpetual "honeymoon" throughout their married lives! Every married couple today should take pointers from them...that, and the total acceptance by both partners of Klipsch horn speakers in their homes (and RVs)!

Note: once there's total WAF of your Klipsch loudspeakers, you know you have a "keeper" for life.9.gif

Happy anniversary!2.gif