KLF30s vs. KSP-S6s as surrounds

ColaBear

I am currently have my home theatre configured as follows: KLF30s for L&R mains, KLF-C7 center, KLF30s surrounds, KSP-S6 center rear effects(using only one due to odd room configuration), all driven by a Denon AVR5800.

In 5.1 and higher sound mixes, the surround channels are also full range if i remember correctly. I felt my S6s couldn't reproduce the surround sound nearly as well as the KLF30s. Yet I have seen posts to the effect of using mains as surrounds for music and S6s for surrounds for home theatre. My question is this, do people here feel that the S6s (or other surrounds) offer a better surround sound for theatre than using full range mains? I am extremely happy with the way i am set up now, but was curious.

I'd be interested in any and all comments. Thanks again!

------------------

KLF-30 mains

KLF-C7 denter

KLF-30 surrounds

KSP-S6 rear center

KSW200 subwoofer

Denon AVR5800

Pioneer Elite DV-09

Pioneer Elite PD-F19

RCA DTC1000

Denon MD1000

Vidikron Epoch D-600

Vutec 100" 4:3 1.5 gain

If i'm not mistaken doesn't the 5800 allow you to run 2 pair of surround speakers? Why don't you hook up both pairs as surrounds and switch between the two to see which sounds better to you? I'd imagine that they both have advantages and disadvantages over the other.

Good Luck

Craig

My Legends outperform my WDST S5's in both music and HT. I do like the effects of flyovers from the high mounted surrounds but that is the only advantage.

Denon 3300

front: KLF 30's

Center: KLF C7

A. rears: KLF 10's

B. rears: KSF S5's

Velodyne HGS 12 for the sub

cola i would use the KLF30'S as the surrounds this way you get the same effect as the fronts, this would be an equal match.

i have the ksp6's as my surrounds and there great but i would rather have the klf30's but due to my budget (no money new baby) i have to be happy with what i have

That must sound awsome. Especially for Music. If I were to make any changes it would be to replace the rear center with a C7. I think the consensus is to use a direct radiating speaker for the rear center. Then if you have the room you may want to connect the surrounds a/b between the S6's and the KLF-30's.